Decade in Review

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Dec 31, 2019.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Oh that Oklahoma game. Why you have to bring that up. I was late to the party, but that game completely and irrevocably opened my eyes to the shitastic coach that was Butch Jones.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Dobbs was very fun to watch.

Alvin Kamara and CP two of the most talented ever in Orange. Also two of the most underused.

Barnett breaking the career sack record was awesome to see.

I enjoyed the hell out of beating Florida. Don’t get to see it very often.

Jennings Hail Mary was best individual moment. An all time favorite Vol.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I was about to post much if what Chavez did. Beating UF. Beating ga btb. Dobbs, Kamara, JJ and many other players.
    My son dropping on the floor and crying, which is something we had never seen before with him, when JJ caught the Hail Mary is my highlight. Has nothing to do with Butch and all about not quitting, beating ga in their house and Jujaun effing jennings.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm doing my part on FB. Some people just refuse to accept and others can't comprehend that there was no year zero.

5. chavisut

Congrats.

You’ve won the last “Nobody Cares IP, Post of the Day” of the year.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Don't forget to tell your pal when he says the color of his truck is black that black isn't really a color.

7. lol vol

lol vol Member

"JOHN VERY SORRY TO HEAR WHAT HAS HAPPENED THIS IS THE BULL CRAP THAT COLLEGE FOOTBALL HAS BECOME. IF I CAN BE OF ANY HELP PLEASE LET ME KNOW."

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

That was definitely a discouraging day. There was no denying what we had after that.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

No.

A decade is any period of ten years. The 2010s (2010-2019) decade ends tonight. The 20s (2020-2029) decade starts tomorrow. Anyone arguing otherwise is VN level stupid.

A-Smith likes this.
  10. CardinalVol

There was no year 0.

11. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

You know you're really out of the loop when you're sucking up to a guy that everyone but you knows has been fired.

justingroves likes this.
  12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Okay?

That doesn't change the fact that we are finishing up a ten year period (decade) that is 2010-2019, which everyone will refer to as the 2010s. That decade ends in less than 2 hours. The decade that everyone will refer to as the 20s, will begin immediately after.

13. CardinalVol

The decades started with 1 AD\CE. This, the first decade of era ended in 10. Which means we do not end this decade until 2020.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I get that. What I'm saying is that a decade can be any 10 year period and the decade that will forever be referred to as the 2010s by damn near the entirety of the civilized world ends tonight. The decade (10 year period) that the same civilized world will refer to as the 20s starts tomorrow.

When people talk about a decade ending/beginning, they are talking about the nice little 10 year periods that can be referred to as the 20s, 30s, 40s, etc., one of which absolutely ends tonight.

15. CardinalVol

Just because it's an acceptable social construct doesn't mean it's correct.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

"What was the most successful decade of Tennessee Football, papaw?"

"Buddy, sit back and let me tell you stories of 1991-2000 or, as we called it, the Decade of Dominance."

17. chavisut

Dude, take a knee.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It absolutely is correct, a decade is any 10 year period, be it 2011-2020, 2010-2019, 2013-2022, etc.

The decade that will be referred to as the 2010s ends tonight. The current decade of our existence on this hell we call earth will end a year from tonight.

Again, anyone saying tonight isn't the end of the 2010s and tomorrow being the start of a new decade referred to as the 20s is just arguing for the sake of arguing.

19. CardinalVol

Or looks at how the calendar unfolds and realizes the 202nd decade of the common era isn't complete until 2020.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

The best Tennessee QBs to debut during the 90s decade:

1. Peyton Manning
    2. Casey Clausen
    3. Tee Martin

Thoughts?