Two Questions

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tenacious D, Mar 4, 2020.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Probably has trouble coaching with those Vietnam-like flashbacks of Lofton shooting the ball higher than a Colquitt punt over his NBA hall of famer to sink him.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Southern Baptist deacon can't beat a Jewish used car salesman

CitrusCo.Vol likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I liked Pearl. Kids like Lofton and Smith were allowed to launch, so there is a valid point about him being a good coach simply due to motivation and how he allows for bs shots, which shooters need to take almost arrogantly, and you think back at how many times lofton or smith hit a couple long bombs late. Made Pearl the winning coach in many games, but was all about Chris freaking Lofton bein ice cold killer and Pearl allowing it to happen whereas most coaches reel it in and waste it. Not many in college at that time pulled up from as deep as Lofton and he saved us so many times

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Also had half the team driving around with weed and filed off firearms because they figured a former teammate was gonna try to kill them

justingroves and IP like this.
  5. JohnnyQuickkick

I’m halfway afraid to even say that dudes name on here

SetVol13 likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ramar Smith.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This is basically exactly what Jerry Palm said yesterday, Card.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Who kills you first, him or Corona?

CardinalVol likes this.
  9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Bruce Pearl is a [unt cay]

justingroves and SetVol13 like this.
  10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I mean, I hope he and I are both wrong, but as of now I don't see any way around winning the tournament.

Guess that means let's just win the thing.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

Anything is possible in the smoke-filled room, but I wouldn’t bet on anything less than winning it

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think winning on Saturday means we only need 2 tourney wins. That'll be 20 wins. I believe we have a shot then.

We're defintely off the NIT bubble. Got that covered.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We will likely be the 8 seed in the SECT. We could get to the 6 or 7 (dunno how tiebreakers play out), but regardless, it's going to be a steep climb.

Memphis State, A&M, SC, and Auburn losses will haunt this team. Win 2 of those and I think we are in decent shape.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think Ramar has a higher body count in the US

SetVol13, IP and CardinalVol like this.
  15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

All
    All

IP and utvol0427 like this.
  16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

17. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

From VQ

"If Tennessee can take care of the Tigers at home they’ll head to Nashville at 18-13 and 10-8 in the SEC. In that scenario, the Vols would probably need to win at least two games to feel safe. It’s possible that 19-14 would do it, but people we’ve spoken to close to the program feel like that would be dicey."

I think the 3 more wins scenario gives a coin flip chance. This team doesn't seem good enough for me to be pissed if they get left out, though.

18. Ssmiff

19 is the target with a chance and 20 is in. Saturdays game couldnt be bigger.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

There’s probably 80 teams that are all more or less the same that they’ll fill out the bottom 20 of the field from and all of them (especially us) have enough “shoulda won” games that none should complain too much.*

*I just pulled those numbers out of my rectum but the point stands.

20. Ssmiff

Didnt think we would be in this spot once Turner didnt look right and Vescovi was in Australia. Crazy year.