College Football 2020

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Apr 26, 2020.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Junior college moving to spring.

2. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

This is just more, "We can't ever know anything with certainty so don't believe anything unless it aligns with my narrative" idiocy.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think there should be no issue then with any decision maker who wants things opened, to put some of their skin in the game. Devos and Trump should attend and visit schools daily to weekly if they open, following exactly whatever (if any) protocols they deemed sufficient. Stop testing people in the WH before they meet with Trump. Stop wearing masks, which he just started doing(?) but apparently is part of this being gaslighting.

Show me. And folks who say intubation and being put on respirators is increasing mortality should go ahead and sign a legal waiver refusing them for any future treatment of COVID-19.

EDIT: reopen WH tours, too.

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

National hospitalization rates turned to an uptrend swveral weeks ago and deaths have turned up in rolling average this week.

What data are you using? I am citing the COVID tracking project.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

What makes me extremely skeptical of an elaborate conspiracy is you hear it both ways: people who allegedly got a "result" without ever taking a test, and people who either can't get a test or are having to wait a long time to get a result. If it were a conspiracy, no one would be waiting for a test or result as they'd all be fake right?

What I wonder is if the people being told they are positive that didn't get a test, are misunderstanding a contact tracer calling them to tell them they have had contact with someone and should presume positive until tested.

6. TennTradition

That same official came out the next day and said she didn’t mean it that way and was specifically talking about the results of one study. Then she talked about other studies that show up to 40% of cases may generate from asymptomatic spread. So I wouldn’t put too much weight on that one video.

IP likes this.
  7. TennTradition

While it’s possible that could be a false positive, they only happen about 2% of the time with these tests (assuming we are still using the CDC assay). Other PCRs are near 100% specific.

So, definitely possible it’s a false positive

But what you described can also totally happen. PCR will stop being positive as viral load drops with immune response. In one study, 76% of patients battling COVID in the hospital tested negative by PCR.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I just said it was a mess. No telling what is accurate. There are alterior motives by some with testing and death via covid for $ but i dont think its an elaborate all encompassing conspiracy. More like a giant cluster[uck fay] and i dont know if the people in charge of it care that it is.

Memtownvol and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Honest question: Why do you believe an economic company over the CDC and people in the medical field? What makes their interpretation more valid?

10. Ssmiff

Center of disease control doesnt seem to be controlling much of anything

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The guy I know got a text message saying "you have tested positive". It's not a misunderstanding, it's a [uck fay] up. They're bound to happen

12. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I'll post my data source to orrow

13. VOLinDAWGland

The economic company is site is making zero recommendations. They are simply reporting the available data in one easy to read source. The data is the CDC's.

14. VOLinDAWGland

My conclusions and predictions are mine from broad reading. Could be wrong.

Most of the "experts" have damaged their credibility during this. I'm not going to argue because I could be wrong. I can't predict the future any better than anyone else. I started my case, I'll provide a good data source tomorrow that anyone can view and we'll see. From a risk management perspective, if I were an AD or commissioner I'd be proceeding with caution as well. I'm not, so I can be more bold.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  15. TennTradition

Some states don’t report COVID hospital census (for example Florida just started in the last few days), but many do. Of those that do, and CV Tracking Projects gathers the data, the trend has been upward for a while now. That’s why I asked.

16. TennTradition

https://www.ftportfolios.com/Common...tentGUID=5cb7d973-25cf-4995-82c9-f58a0d81dc93

I’m guessing this is something like what you’re talking about.

Their trend goes to about the middle of last week, which is why deaths didn’t uptick yet.

Hospitalizations have actually been trending back up but it’s hard to see if that report. You can see in for ICUs.

I see a bigger rise in hospitalizations in the CVD tracking project database. I’m not sure what the differences are. The big states that are all dropping in numbers theory into it, and some of those missing is what it would take to counteract the trend I see. Not sure.

17. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

18. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

19. Ssmiff

20. Ssmiff

wtf is a mobile ticket. Isnt one in your pocket, a mobile ticket? Assuming movement of course