College Football 2020

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Saw somebody yesterday examining deaths by age broken down into the three groups tracked by the CDC (0-17, 18-64, 65+), and total mortality is down like 15% this year under 18 and up 15-25% in both the 18-64 and 65+ categories.

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I honestly don't know what to believe about any of the numbers.

I was told yesterday someone I know went to get tested, filled out paperwork stood in line to wait and it was taking forever so they decided to leave. They were called later to be informed that they tested positive.

Also hearing about several "false positive" tests. People going and testing positive (and the ones I have heard about have pretty much stayed away from any public gatherings, limiting trips out etc) go and test positive (no symptoms of course), then go back in a couple of days and test negative.

justingroves likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

No offense man, but there are some damn liars going around spreading misinformation about the testing.

KyleAlexanderfan likes this.
  4. BigOrangeBeech

Lol. None taken.

But I will say I have no reason to believe the people I spoke with are lying. This comes directly from people I Know by the way. Not local, county news gossip crap. But take it as you may.

zehr27 likes this.
  5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I saw a tweet last week from some blue checkmark that said that this happened to her parents in Texas.

6. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Total deaths are rising obviously, rate of death is dropping and has been dropping. It takes some time to work through. Let's evaluate in 3 to 4 weeks. We know who the most at risk are, we know asymptomatic is a fancy word for immune and WHO has admitted (that's actually a big story) asymtomatics aren't spreaders, we know from the cruise ship experience that a large % of population is naturally immune. Take away NY, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Michigan deaths due to stupid or planned nursing home policy and we're looking at the Swine Flu or SAARS(?) similar numbers. Don't remember shutting down everything for those. Let's just agree to chill a few more weeks and see where we are. I could be wrong or we've been scammed.

Memtownvol likes this.
  7. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

You're spreading false information. Asymptomatic doesn't mean immune. Neither has anyone admitted to the idea that asymptomatic people don't spread-- in fact, the opposite is the consensus.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Dont intubate and ventillate and may have cut deaths in half. Who knows. WHO doesnt

9. VOLinDAWGland

First Trust, an economic and investment company, put out a nice 2 page summary of all the national tracked data. It was sent to me via email, you may be able to find it on their site. I'll post a link to it from my office on Mon. It's the data our so called news organizations should be posting on all their publications. But we don't have news organizations, we have propaganda pumpers who cherry pick the data to support a narrative and/or most of these journalism majors are too stupid to do basic analysis.

We are being gas lighted in an unprecedented way. But I could be wrong

10. VOLinDAWGland

Truth

11. VOLinDAWGland

We are coming to understand consensus don't mean true.

12. VOLinDAWGland

That data is in the document I'm talking about. It should published broadly for everyone to easily find.

13. BigOrangeBeech

Charlotte wants to still play us in the opener.

Doubt it happens.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

From what I've read true asymptomatic spread is pretty rare. Basically unless you're trading body fluids, you're unlikely to get it from a true asymptomatic.

Pre -symptomatic spread is a different story

Tar Volon likes this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I know one person who left without getting tested that got a text they were positive. I'm not saying it's a huge conspiracy, but it can be a cluster.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I also know one elderly lady who passed away from complications from heart surgery, in Alabama. She had 0% chance of survival without it, only a 40ish% chance of living with it. She "tested positive for covid 19" sometime during the surgery prep, her death certificate says covid 19 as a reason for death.

Her son is raising hell because no one informed him she had it and he says it clearly played no part in her passing away.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Sheesh.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would be pissed too. He spent nearly every minute he could with her the last month of her life, if she legitimately had, you would think he would too. You would also think someone would let him know.

Memtownvol likes this.
  19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Hospital getting that Covid money

warhammer, zehr27 and Memtownvol like this.
  20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Man its a mess. As testing is up and contact tracer calls from govt or whoever it is, the last few days ive heard first hand accounts including 2 still waiting on results 14 days out and have isolated themselves away from family while waiting.
    They spent it on the lake so maybe he is lying about not getting results for 2 weeks in peace away from home.