POLITICS My Facebook Feed

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TennTradition, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hypothetical, you walk by a room and get shot at from behind a door, you cant return fire?

2. Ssmiff

Didnt say it did. Just said when fired upon, people with guns will return fire.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

If someone beats open your door, would you fire at them? I think I would.

4. Ssmiff

Absolutely

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

You should always identify your target. So you'd return fire, after IDing what you needed to shoot.

6. fl0at_

Unless President. And then it's just not worth pointing out, because it's just so stupid so often.

7. Ssmiff

Already did. From the room behind the door and not gonna wait for more shots to pinpoint

8. fl0at_

You didn't ID your target, you ID'd the location of the target. These are not the same thing.

What you are talking about isn't even practiced by the military, clearing rooms, in known hostile zones.

9. Ssmiff

Works on COD

10. fl0at_

Oh, you'll penetrate the door, for sure. You just don't know what's behind that door. Which is why COD tactics aren't actually tactics.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Man, cleaning my gun, stupidly don't check to see if it is unloaded, accidentally send a round through a door and hit someone in the leg. Get lit up like I was storming a beach head.

Not how it works.

Or even worse, I have innocent people as shields while purposely shooting through a door at someone.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

this is why the America's Army FPS of the 2000's add civilians that, if shot, would violate ROE and cause you to lose. Was a great game.

13. Ssmiff

Not a good example unless you can tell me how many times someone outside a room, carrying a gun, is shot accidently from within a home.
    We just differ on opinion. My chances of survival and seeing my family again are higher than yours if im defending myself from gunfire. Much higher, imo and at that time, thats all i care about. Yall can analyze the shit out of it if you want and assess the danger.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not shooting towards where I can't verify what I am aiming at. That's basic gun safety. otherwise you can kill innocents.

15. fl0at_

No, they aren't, which is why it isn't trained that way for the people who go out and get shot at, ie: the military.

You are more a harm to your family, random people, and yourself, with the mentality on offensive shooting that you are displaying here. It would get you snatched off a range in the military. It would get you kicked out of a unit in combat. It would get you charged with a crime in the US. Well, unless you were a cop.

16. Ssmiff

dont shoot me and your vicinity wont get lit up
    Not worried about anybody else if my life or familys life is in danger. You go ahead, sit there and assess. Better you than me. Maybe your widow can tell us how at least you didnt fire back and kill an innocent as you were shot 4 times but didnt know your target so didnt fire back.

17. fl0at_

Yea, I still like my chances better than yours. It's how I was trained. It's how I did it in Afghanistan. It's how I did it in Fallujah. It's how I trained the people I trained, who are all alive. So, based on that, and not some idea of what I think works, I'm going to go with my way, still.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Show me the huge realm of fake information I’m missing out on in this case.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Not blindly

20. Ssmiff

Appreciate your service.
    At least i know i can shoot you and not worry about return fire. Think i can get off a few more rounds before you figure out im not holding a hostage.

Military hits a lot of innocent people over there over the last few years. How does that happen if they are trained to only hit defined and dangerous targets? Do they not light up buildings from where gunfire comes? Maybe ive watched too many movies and explosions