Georgia

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 4, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

But how and why?

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pruitt likes to show film of Alabama's defense with Kirby running it vs Pruitt running it and how much better prepared they are under Pruitt.

He also likes to tell recruits to talk to former Alabama players about the difference between having them as their DC.

Oh, and there's plenty of high school coaches around the country that think Pruitt is great and Smart is an ass hole.

InVolNerable, Memtownvol and IP like this.
  3. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

I’m hoping the Dawgs underestimate the Vols feeling comfortable in their perceived superiority and playing at home, feeling contempt for our coach Pruitt because coach Smart does, I’m hoping they set a trap for themselves, then wake up and find themselves in a war. Our DB’s are going to have to play well, Pickens is for real. Our LBers tackle ok, But since their pass coverage skills are so loose they’ll have to help rush the passer to help compensate. How much pressure our DLmen can put on without help will count for much. I think if we win this game it’ll be because we won the turnover stat....and held the dawgs under 24 points.

Memtownvol likes this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Looks like good chance of rain saturday

IP likes this.
  5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Good

A-Smith likes this.
  6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If we beat Georgia and Kentucky we will go over a full calendar year w/o a loss.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

been thinking about that too. wasn't gonna bring it up until we beat UGA

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Probably would've been wiser to wait. 20th century type stuff if it happens.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

because of who UGA is perceived to be and because of our current winning streak, if we beat them we will be a national story like we haven't been in a long time. and that drum can go on being beaten to set up a huge third Saturday in October like there hasn't been in almost 30 years

Memtownvol, A-Smith and justingroves like this.
  10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

*when

Volokie and NorrisAlan like this.
  11. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

They are on the same level these days as Fla and Bama for me.

Living in north GA the past couple of years might have a little to do with that.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My disgust with UGA was firmly planted after the hobbnail boot and when gameday did a special on Pollack, his jug of water and his virginity.

SetVol13 likes this.
  13. Ssmiff

Ga fans are worse than bama around here. Random polling of a few vol buddies.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I have no confidence in us beating any true top-10 opponent with JG at QB. I just don't think he's consistent enough to win those types of games, regardless of what the rest of the team does.

15. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

JG has at least protected the ball very well in the first two games.

I feel like he will need an Auburn 2018 type outing to win this one.....depending on how well the rest of the team does.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You know, UGA and Auburn are both south of Chattanooga, the edge of the civilized world. [uck fay] em both.

Memtownvol and SetVol13 like this.
  17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I think we come roaring out of the gate and give them a lot more than they are prepared for. How they react to that will decide the winner.

18. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Pretty impressive that he’s maintained it to this day though.

Memtownvol, SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I’m just going to go ahead and say that if we beat Georgia, I will be absolutely terrified of Kentucky. That’d be one hell of a trap game, and Kentucky winning in Knoxville would be some 2020-caliber bullshit

20. Ssmiff

Ky can move the ball and eat clock. Anybody who has a couple turnovers vs them is set up for an L.

Memtownvol, IP and Tar Volon like this.