Georgia

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 4, 2020.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'll argue this is Pruitt's first measuring stick game. It's year 3, and can we see that we have either or are closing the gap.

Expectations?

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

lowered after watching Ga improve since week 1. Qb is very smart and gets the ball out. Would rather see the 4* freshman.
    Ga is gonna blitz from all angles all night. Hoping Ty and Gray are left in space for us to dump it off as I'm concerned about our wr's vs man press coverage.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

W

G

W

T

F

A

NYY, hohenfelsvol, cpninja and 3 others like this.
  4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Loss. They run up the score in a lopsided affair. There are a couple of stands and drives that give moments of hope, but they are fleeting. It's never close past the 10-minute mark in the second. Some junk time scoring makes it a 10-17 point loss.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

My expectation is for us not to beat ourselves.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  6. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Our 3rd down conversion percentages are still bad and we need to convert so we can keep Georgia's O off the field to win. Also, they will pick us apart in the middle so we have to get pressure on D. Our kickers need to get better. This is a case were we need to play above ourselves in order to win. Georgia is still the better team.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I would rather zone them up and force shorter qb to throw in windows and DL to get hands up. Kid will pick us apart between the hashes on lbs or safeties in man

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I expect Tennessee to look like they belong on the field with them.

UGA is going to try and beat the wrs down at the line and let their dline win one on ones. Kirby expects his corners to win in man coverage. Guarantano is going to have to get balls in the vicinity of the receivers and look for flags, there's opportunities there.

Offensively, they aren't just killing people running and are relying on a Tereshinki clone to throw it all over the place horizontally. I don't get it. I expect Tennessee's defense to play well against it.

There's tons of talent on both sides, but the offense doesn't have an identity really.

Tennessee needs to push UGA around on offense and keep feeding Chandler and Gray. Make it a fist fight and I think we'll be surprised.

UGA has the players to run damn near anyone off the field everywhere but QB. UGA hasn't played a creative defensive mind like Pruitt either. That being said, Tennessee hasn't played against skill position guys like UGA, either.

I'm cautiously optimistic that I won't be yelling in anger at stupid plays by Guarantano

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If the oline can draw a stalemate on the pass rush, there will be plays down the field for these receivers.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This Tennessee team has a level of physicality we haven't seen since probably 04. They may lose, but they're going to knock your [penis] in the dirt regardless. It is fun to watch.

TDVol1989 and Volgrad98 like this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If you want to brag about the oline, Saturday is the day they prove they belong

Volokie and chavisut like this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I want to see a Kirby meltdown, a grinning Pruitt and a gloating Fulmer

TBSVOL, NYY, NorrisAlan and 1 other person like this.
  13. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I also think Pruitt is going to do a few things to [uck fay] with kirby, onside kick, trick play, something.

14. CardinalVol

Official, CBS 3:30

15. CardinalVol

FWIW, we played about as vanilla as possible on defense yesterday. I expect a different mindset next week.

16. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Also, JG is what he is but I think he finally feels that he has an OL that isn't going to get him killed.

CardinalVol and justingroves like this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's getting a little quicker at reading the field but he's still slow at it. If he decides to get 4 to 6 yards by himself a few times a game, that will help him

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I didn't get to tell my wife how ridiculous Pruitt's blitzes are too many times yesterday, I'm sure she was disappointed

CardinalVol likes this.
  19. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

It's amazing what can happen when the QB isn't thinking pre-snap where is going to get hit from.

20. CardinalVol

Family went to see in laws over fall break and I texted the wife to tell her I was crying tears of joy over the O-line play yesterday.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.