Georgia

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 4, 2020.

1. chef65

chef65 Contributor

I will be happy if we beat Georgia.

A-Smith and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The only way I can see us winning this game is running the ball all day and controlling the clock. With that said I believe Georgia knows that would be our best chance so I would think their defensive game plan will be built around that. Would love a W here but at the least I want to see a ballgame.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

If we had a TE or 2 over the middle i would feel better. They are gonna send lbs and between the hashes will be open, but im not sure we csn go there.
    Id also like to see 5 or more late dump offs to the rbs. JG found Gray late on one for a big gain. Bama, NE and others use it quite often. With our rbs, id like to see more of it. Protect, send everybody deep and dump it

4. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Is the officials crew announced yet? Some of these guys call it fairly, some call it with selective blindness.

A-Smith likes this.
  5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

So you are saying this is gonna be the Princeton Fant breakout game we have all been waiting for?

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

i just like him able to get open vs other TE options we have because he can move, but it doesn't appear we are going to use the TE much. And yes i get your sarcasm.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I see a very ugly game played in sloppy conditions.

I think Pruitt is going to be aggressive on both sides of the ball and attempt to force Stetson Bennett into turnovers. Sell out to stop the run on 1st and 2nd down and then come with his crazy blitzes on 3rd.

I think they will be patient with the run game but with a lot of jet sweep motion and fakes to Velus. Stretch them out and hit right up the gut. I bet Gray and Chandler are on the field together

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I bet we see a pass to the tight end out of the jumbo set

Memtownvol and chavisut like this.
  9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

In sloppy conditions the intensity gap gets amplified. You have to want it a little more to play well. I'm sure we want this game worse than Georgia does.
    upload_2020-10-7_9-34-37.jpeg

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

same, actually

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Just what I've seen/read on the Twitter machine and such, there seems to be more solid confidence going into this game than before. Every other recent time we've come upon a game like this there was more blind hopeful optimism than confidence. I think the fan base knows we've got our hands full, but that this is our first realistic shot to get back in the upper echelon in a long time.

Volokie likes this.
  14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Tackle eligible TD pass to Cade.

A-Smith and Memtownvol like this.
  15. CardinalVol

Throw that tackle screen to him that Freeze runs occasionally.

Memtownvol likes this.
  16. InVolNerable

[​IMG]

utvol0427 likes this.
  17. InVolNerable

The only thing better than a TD pass to Cade is a TD pass to Cade with some YAC yards.

Memtownvol likes this.
  18. CardinalVol

For the go ahead score.

19. InVolNerable

first score, go ahead score, and winning score. All wrapped up in one.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

and then everyone sanford stadium claps.