NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Send em to Barrow, Alaska (yes that is the Artic Ocean to the top right of the pic) -

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

too far north for tundra!

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Very interested in the logistics of how this HS team is able to have a football schedule when they're hundreds of miles from anyone else

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

people in Alaska get around. my brothers went to high school in Alaska, and played a lot of sports. Planes and ferries every week. usually a school hosts a few teams at once and the host rotates. not sure how it would work for football though. I suspect several villages on the north slope all share that field, so there could be 3 games on it a weekend involving 4 or so teams. just speculating based on how other sports did it with my brothers

A-Smith likes this.
  5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...-darius-slay-says-nfl-played-now-ok-protocols

Only posting this article to say that I was in an xbox party with Darius Slay not too long ago. One of my xbox buddies is from the same hometown as him, and they share a mutual close friend. We were playing some Warzone with the friend, who was playing on Slay's account. I thought, briefly, that we were going to play with Darius when he got back on the mic, but he just mumbled something and then kicked us out of the party lol

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

how's your world class cheeser and cellist friend doing?

utvol0427 likes this.
  7. CardinalVol

They are 500 miles from the nearest oppenent. State pays part of it and they've fundraised a lot. The stadium is named after a lady from Jacksonville who heard about the financial issues and spearheaded the fundraising efforts.

A-Smith likes this.
  8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm not catching the reference. Refresh my memory?

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm sure most of what you wrote is correct, but I read that they are only team north of the arctic circle. The closest team is Fairbanks which is like 400 miles away. I'm sure they use planes. All that oil money helps I bet.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

ya, it may be the other villages are far too small to field a team at all. which was the case for my brothers' school.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Utqiagvik (new name for Barrow) has 4400 people and it looks like the only town north of Arctic Circle with more than 1000.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

oh shit, maybe that was volball's friend.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I mean, I consider myself a world class cheeser, but I'm definitely not a cellist.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Sounds like an early round Europa League team.

JohnnyQuickkick likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I believe it is both the new and old name.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Sure. Hopefully no one is mad about the Eskimos naming a place bordering the Arctic Ocean.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

there is a trend to restoring the original names of places in north america, and some get butthurt about it.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  18. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Hope they ban the Titans for a decade so I don't have to watch shitty AFC south football on CBS every Sunday.

19. CardinalVol

Well, rumblings of a forfeit making their rounds.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

In all seriousness, they deserve it.