POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Imagine calling into question the shooting of a person who storms the Capitol during a session, breaking glass to squeeze into the floor of the chamber while guns are drawn and orders to stop are being yelled. the LEO has members of congress up on the balcony hiding, with a mob of thousands who have been chanting about killing them for hours and erected a scaffold outside, carried in rope, weapons, zip ties... How could anyone question that she was shot?! How?! It is amazing and even questionable that she was the only one.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Full stop.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hey @Indy does this crushing death qualify as due to the riots by you? is it accurate by the Indy standard?

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Monster

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yeah, but how do we REALLY know that's what caused it? How do we not know she passed out for completely different reasons and would have died anywhere she was. We can't really know if the riots caused her death or not.

-Indy, probably

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I don't know if this is sarcasm or not, but yeah imagine if he had released that video Wednesday early on instead of a day and a half later. Imagine if he had taken that tone in November instead of January.

7. NorrisAlan

No different than Coach Fulmer after losing to Vanderbilt going "We are going to look deeply at all of our positions and put the best players on the field. We are going to work like heck."

Day late and dollar short and doesn't excuse anything.

And I don't believe in monsters, just flawed humans, and this flawed human is flawed more than most and I, for one, am glad he is gone in 12 days.

SetVol13 likes this.
  8. NorrisAlan

Here is what I would like to see, and that is Biden taking a play out of Lincoln's book and pardoning all those that stormed the Capitol of sedition and treason crimes. If you did other crimes, the hammer falls and it falls hard.

But I don't see how having tribunals bringing up sedition charges on all of these deluded and hoodwinked citizens is going to do anything but cause more division.

Now, you hit a cop with a fire extinguisher and he dies? Yeah, you go to jail for a long time.

You cause destruction? Yeah, you get some jail time.

But I see nothing good coming out of bringing up sedition charges for the citizenry.

NOW:

As for the members of Congress and Executive branches that brought this on? May God have mercy on your soul and I hope they are all kicked out of Congress or resign. They have no business being in power.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

These numbers are insane. Everyone who is anyone thought that if turnout was in the 900K range on Tuesday, Republicans would win fairly easily Turnout was nearly 50% higher than that.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I know its popular to blame trump for everything and i get it. People hate him and he is a mouthbreather who doesnt know when to shutup until its too late.
    Did he tell the crowd to storm the capitol? Where is the personal accountability for those who broke through barricades and infiltrated the building? There is none, which is a long ongoing problem in this country. Its always somebody elses fault. Kindof tired of it. Everybody who went up those steps did it by their own free will.

11. NorrisAlan

Indirectly, yes, he did.

That is how you incite a mob, and once it gets going, it gets a mind and life of its own. Mob mentality is a real thing. Many of these people, the very next day, may actually be ashamed and probably have a hard time believe that they did what they did.

Yes, they chose to do it, but humans are easily influenced, we are social creatures that want to go along with the crowd, and that can definitely be manipulated.

12. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

David Dorn was shot and killed in St Louis. Another cop was shot in the back of the head in LA(?) but survived, albeit with grievous injury. Several others were shot, stabbed or otherwise assaulted...

Your take on Trumpism is 100% spot on correct. If the US is going to continue as it has for the past 240 plus years, there’s no room for what we’ve witnessed over the past four years and especially in the past two months...

13. Ssmiff

Some people dont want to see when wrong is wrong, all the time. The rationalizations of destruction and violence during summer protests are ridiculous. There cant be honest discourse until people are able to see a broader picture, instead of only what they want to see.

14. Savage Orange

I don’t really see the equivalency there... I get the “violence is violence” angle but what happened this week in DC is very different from what happened over the summer in how it came about, the reasons behind it and who was inciting it. The summer riots were borne out of a legitimate issue, the DC riot was borne out of Trumps ego and inability to man up and admit defeat. What happened Wednesday is 100%, squarely on the shoulders of Donald Trump.

SetVol13, Unimane and JohnnyQuickkick like this.
  15. Savage Orange

Study after study on the dynamics of mob violence bear this out.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I stand corrected on David Dorn.

17. Ssmiff

The equivalency is wrong is wrong. Violence is wrong. Attacking businesses and the capitol building is wrong. Arson is wrong. Spitting in cops faces daring them to do anything is wrong. As is attacking them. The reason doesnt really matter. Wrong is wrong and should always be denounced no matter the reason or who people want to blame. Take personal accountability.

18. Savage Orange

It’d be nice if Trump would take your advice...

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Those humans are dumb. Parents must have not given them the speech about jumping off a bring just because someone else did it.

20. Ssmiff

Hes a fool

Savage Orange likes this.