POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Smaller banks, community banks and banks in heavy "minority" neighborhoods have a different demographic of clients than the bigger banks, i assume, which is why they are giving them dibs before the big banks come in with large PPP loans.
    But you ask a good question, so how is Biden going to track and how does he know to say the playing field wasnt equal, if that info isnt tracked...

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

If I was Biden, I'd start by improving the ability to track. Which would be one way to make sure the playing field was equal.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Kind of. There is an analytics company out there called Trupoint, that I'm somewhat familiar with, that does CRA analytics. CRA being Community Re-investment Act, I believe. And it is a FDIC measure that the FDIC uses to gauge how often a bank deals with a given population. And basically Trupoint takes the bank loan data, and compares it to census data for addresses for those loans when originated (by zip), and and assigns a probable ethnicity and gender to the loan, bank account, etc.

It works... ok. But that's probably how they're doing it, but I'm not sure, because I don't know if all banks do CRA.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Here we go.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

This is the new House member who was filming herself totting her gun around DC right?

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yes, she is a nut. A straight out nut.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Why doesn't she just comply? If she's not hiding anything there is nothing to worry about.

Am I doing this right?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

She is, uh, hiding something. DC city police have cautioned her that she needs to get a permit for DC. And I don't think she can have it in the Capitol at all, due to rules going back to Andrew Jackson days but I could be wrong on that last one.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

For those who don't know, this is the woman from Rifle, Colorado who works or owns or something a restaurant in which all staff open carry all the time. She very much wishes to be armed at all times.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Was she packing last Wednesday?

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Is she hot? Seriously people, just follow the damn rules. Isn't that hard.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Objectively, her physical appearance is well within the parameters of being attractive to heteronormative American males.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauren_Boebert

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Apparently, from a little reading, you can carry in the building but not on the floor.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is really interesting. And is that for congress members, or staff too?

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Was your wife looking over your shoulder while you wrote that?

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I wasn’t clear on aides, to be honest, but it seems lawmakers can.

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Lauren's husband, Jayson, is also known to openly brandish his piece. Particularly in the company of minors

utvol0427 and TennTradition like this.
  19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

If she's allowed to carry why all the fuss going through security?

20. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

This is security set up for floor access (I think).