Who we gunna git? Part 4

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Jan 18, 2021.

1. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

Ok even I’m a little creeped out!

A-Smith likes this.
  2. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

Austin Price
    “After doing some digging, we can confidently say Tennessee athletic director Danny White and a small contingent arrived in Atlanta around 9 this morning and returned to Knoxville after six. We believe White spoke with multiple people in Atlanta but to this point haven’t been able to confirm exactly who. Two names that continue to pop up are Sonny Dykes and Tony Elliott.

As for James Franklin, we believe Tennessee was deep in talks with him over the last 24 hours or so but he seems like he is staying at Penn State with locker room renovations heavily in play.

At this point, we don’t believe White has made a hire and we would imagine that he would talk with Kevin Steele before he comes to a final decision. Looking back at 2010, Mike Hamilton really botched how he handled things with Kippy Brown which caused the Sweetwater native to look to finish his career elsewhere. That’s something we believe White needs to avoid in this search.”

3. Johnny Utah

So James Franklin used Tennessee to get upgrades to the Penn State locker room.

4. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

Ok I’m good with that ☝️The Austin Price,Not the James Franklin just to be clear!!

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If we're digging with Sonny Dykes, my impression of White isn't what I thought it was.

tvolsfan, Tar Volon and Memtownvol like this.
  6. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

LOL. Zero chance Dykes is being considered.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Elliott's fine, let's roll with him, if need be. I'm quite happy we struck out with Franklin, if that's the case.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

This is fine.

9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

This thing is definitely beginning to shift from the hope and excitement phase of the search to the panic and depression stage of the search.

10. Johnny Utah

As I posted over the weekend, you leak Sonny Dykes so a Tony Elliott hire looks good by comparison. At least that’s what I hope.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  11. gcbvol

I might be insanely naive, but I don't believe any of these guys know a damn thing. I don't buy being in 'deep talks with Franklin' either.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I still don’t see paying what we’re paying White to get the kind of hires that’s being floated out.

13. gcbvol

I think Elliott is in play but a fallback option. I'm good with it.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

shifting from the idea of a search to the reality of what it being a "search" implies

A-Smith likes this.
  15. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Yeah I agree with this. I truly think White has a search firm running cover for him during the hire.

Memtownvol and gcbvol like this.
  16. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I'll leave this here again. 20210122_093444.jpg

17. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

Now after reviewing this Sonny Dykes resume, what exactly are we missing, he stated that he was going to hire the best DC and hired a flop! So he is not really good at hiring support staff?? That can not happen here! What’s so awe inspiring about him??

18. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Is there still a chance that no one worth anything wants this job? I still say go get Kiffin. But maybe he doesn't want it either.

19. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

I think you guys are funnin on that one!! I’m getting on the same page now!! He would be an excellent guy for Auburn thou!!

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

if we are bandying about offering 8 million, there is no way these names are turning us down. so one or both of those pieces is false.