Who we gunna git? Part 4

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Jan 18, 2021.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Heupel is just as bad as we think he is. Bob Stoops fired him. Listened to his intro at UCF. It was like Pruitt and Butch merged into one human. He uses aight more than Pruitt and uses Butch Jones superlatives. Promised UCF he would instill the best culture in the country (right after they had gone undefeated). Said the culture he would instill was not about football, it is about life. He has a lisp, which is probably poor form to point out, but it’s there. He is known to choke in pressure situations at the end of games. Loses lots of close ones. His teams have weak defenses and getting worse but he wasn’t going to fire Shannon.

He will be an unmitigated disaster here. His only hope is to hire great coordinators and get out of the way. But they will leave him because Tennessee.

Also, Danny White actually believes his own propaganda that UCF has really been playing big boy ball and Heupel’s record translates perfectly to how much he would have won in the SEC.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    Vol1990 and droski like this.
  2. The Big O

The Big O Contributor

For the Jamey Chadwell crowd....Price says he's not been contacted and is not being considered a serious candidate.

3. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

4. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Will our AD be paid more than our HC?

lumberjack4 and A-Smith like this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd rather we just kept Pruitt another year than hire huepel.

6. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

[uck fay] it. Why not Dooley ?

A-Smith likes this.
  7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He was not the answer. But they torched him for doing what all our (former) rivals do.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

His sound bytes are only eclipsed by Spurrier himself

9. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Shit, we will wait two years too long so Sonny Dykes will say it is year negative 1 with a straight face.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  10. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Shit, Austin Peay doles out cash to high school kids

11. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

So we have Hubbs and Price saying that while there was a report of up to 50 total violations, they have nothing concrete on what the violations were or how many were level 1 or level 2, thus its hard to predict a punishment... but then they speculate on the punishment and push the media narrative that coaches do not want to come here because of looming sanctions.

Tennessee, per multiple reports, has refuted the DP story of McD sacks of cash....

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

True or false: the way that we handled Pruitt (no buyout; public humiliation) has hurt our chance to sign quality coaches.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I doubt that. The moron couldn't cheat quietly.

14. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I think it depends on what eventually comes out as far as violations. If its bad and we get hammered, he deserved it. If they rail roaded him over some dumb stuff, we look dumb.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

ER Vol on VN: Danny White approached Mike Tomlin and got turned down.

16. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Nah. He deserved it. He’s a bammer.

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I’m glad we ratted on ourselves to hire someone fired by Bob Stoops. I can’t wait to have Oklahoma’s version of Randy Sanders leading us.

Also I don’t give a shit, I’ll be an immature [penis] and say it. His lisp is horrifyingly unpleasant to listen to. It’s not a subtle one either. A horrible lisp sound has always made me wince.

This is a sick joke.

18. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

This can't be true... it has to be all smokescreeny and whatnot.

19. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I still don't believe any of reports being floated right now but for arguments sake, if they are down the list to Heupel, you save your cash and wait for the next round. Go with an interim and forget Steele as interim, I'd roll with Chaney.

A-Smith and reVOLt like this.
  20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The guy's offenses put up stupid video game numbers. Gonna be a lot of shootouts if it's Huepel.

I don't think he'd bomb here but...man, I was hoping White would go big. Guessing the decade of being awful and potential sanctions are turning people off.