Pitt reactions

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 11, 2021.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

You're gonna get emotional outburst from your OLs when they're having to play this fast but the drives are still lengthy and hard-nosed.

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I feel like I'm on crazy pills seeing no one else bemoaning the spot and lack of challenge on 4th and goal late. Sure looked like a 1st down to me on TV. Can't believe we didn't challenge the spot.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Not running QB power on that 4th down call is shit coaching. Giving it to your light as a feather back was just plain stupid. Heup has a lot to work on if he wants to keep collecting a check.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Honestly, Tennessee played like dogshit, missed a lot opportunities and lost by a touchdown.

The defense appears to be coached, which is nice.

Memtownvol likes this.
  5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Chumlee though it better to keep that 1 TO to do nothing with it. Why do we keep getting coaches with their training wheels still on.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It sure as hell looked like a first down

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Defense is about the only bright spot. Offense was supposed to be the reason we hired this staff.

8. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

That was annoying. He said he was talking to the side judge to make sure it was getting looked at. Just call for a challenge as the play clock is winding down.

TDVol1989 and zehr27 like this.
  9. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I think everyone knows it was a poor effort from the officiating but it doesn't do much good to dwell on it. Assuming it wasn't malicious in intent, the side judge on the TN sideline had an awful day.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We seem hellbent on getting that diamond in the rough.

11. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I'll gladly take this guy over the surly goober we previously had on the sidelines.

lylsmorr likes this.
  12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Let them get Jackson in before you get too harsh. He’s their guy

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Play calling is fine to me. Multiple wrs multiple times running wide open. More passes caught by TEs today than maybe all of last year. Hooker could have kept the 4th down play for a td and he had the option.
    Neither qb appears to be able to hit the deep ball or see the wr open early and go ahead and send it. But we have had at least 5 thru 2 games..every team expects their qb to connect

14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I feel like we're an average QB away from being pretty doggone dynamic. This offense isn't supposed to be reliant on drives where nearly every first down has to be grinded out. The wear and tear from that is affecting everyone's productivity across 4 quarters.

15. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

it certainly makes him a good measuring stick. Hope shows up ready

Memtownvol likes this.
  16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Hooker pulls that ball like he should have and that's a TD.

He was down to 1 timeout in the challenge as well. My guess is that's why he didn't challenge it.

cpninja and lylsmorr like this.
  17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Agree

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I despise not being able to sneak it. Would be great if we see what we are supposed to see when in that situation again.
    You at least take a bad decision out of the equation with a sneak or Herndon has to just decide presnap he's going to get the 1st down.
    The play was there but I still like a sneak with push from the rb

19. cpninja

cpninja Member

even with 1TO left I think you have to challenge that, but with the clown crew assigned to the game I'm not sure I'd have trusted them to get it right anyway

20. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Shouldn’t have been at 1 TO….