Florida game thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 19, 2021.

1. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Meh, Florida had a return for touchdown called back on a bs block in the back penalty right before that. And a 10-point lead against Florida with four minutes left in the first half is far from a sure thing.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

the receivers are now the biggest thing holding them back.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I'm not sure Hiatt doesn't need to get his eyes checked. Make a play on the ball and get a PI call

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I wish.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

they are a nonchalant group who act like it's a practice where the balls keep coming regardless and don't fight like it really matters if they catch it

6. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

He’s been retired for six years now. But probably worth a call. Although I doubt that’s something Heupel would do.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

After watching Calloway and Jennings attack the ball this is the most damning thing

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Florida can't complain about bullshit calls when playing Tennessee after the 2000 no catch catch

hohenfelsvol and warhammer like this.
  9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Thought similar. As bad as Cooper played at times tonight, the line is much worse with Carvin at center. Imagine being the coaches who called I thought what was a great game, at least on offense, only to watch the simplest mistakes doom your chances. How do division 1 scholarship receivers not catch those balls?

Memtownvol likes this.
  10. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Very on the fence about Heupel. Seems to be some good and some bad

11. Ssmiff

Yeah he's not perfect but had this team in position with 5 minutes left in q3 and nary a break or call all day

12. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I know. Just pointing out that I don’t believe that’s the reason that we lost the game. Their front seven dominating the UT offensive line to the tune of -11 rush yards is what lost us the game.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Milton has hit 1 open receiver so far. Unreal

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

We are boned if Cooper Mays and/or Hendon Hooker are injured. Pretty awful behind them

15. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Well all but two years of his career thus far were with Malzahn who loves hiring former players and yes men who won’t challenge him. And his first on field job was at Samford, seems like a reasonable guess that he may not get that gig if Pat Sullivan isn’t the coach.

16. Ssmiff

Our gamut of qbs we play this year may run into 4 or 5 in the running for heisman

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I’m trying to figure out what game you’re talking about…

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Not sure what Chumlee was thinking when he hired him.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's 110% the reason Tennessee lost the game.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

2006 Florida