Florida game thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 19, 2021.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

2. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Hooker seems more consistent and accurate with short routes, he doesn't seem to run the offense as well or fast. Florida will likely to go man to man single coverage and stack the the box and stuff the offense all evening. Milton is a possible deep threat runs the offense faster, it'll likely spread out their defense to open the running game if our backs feel like running strong. I'd go with Milton at least to start and pull him if he fails to perform.

3. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I bet we see a Hooker pick 6 similar to the Orange and White game. He came really close to one of those against TTU.

Volokie likes this.
  4. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Yeah, cause Kiffin did everything but run his mother down with a car in the lead up

TDVol1989 and justingroves like this.
  5. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I still think he got the idea for that from Auschwitz.

OneForVol likes this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And still got a smart ass quote in after losing

Urban blamed the flu for not playing that well against Tennessee, the next day Kiffin said he would blame illness for not covering too if he had to

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He probably fumbles

zehr27 likes this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Velus Jones is going to have chances to make plays on kick returns

Emory Jones is going to give you chances to get the ball

Kair Elam is doubtful, the other starting CB tore an acl in fall camp, they don't have many healthy dbs

Tennessee will have opportunities to make this a game, they just have to do it. They've never really capitalized on them in my life, but the Gators aren't unbeatable. They were down 21-3 in the 1st quarter and Alabama eased up, something Saban has been harping on all year.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I wish. It's going to be bad.

chavisut, Memtownvol and utvol0427 like this.
  10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I do too and the hurry up offense is part of it. I can see it 21-0 and turn to 35-3 in no time.

chavisut and utvol0427 like this.
  11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I can't think of a time that I was less interested or excited on a Florida game day.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It been like that for years for me.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  13. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I can. 2010-2020.

justingroves likes this.
  14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Sitting through the final Urban Meyer 50something to 20something ass whipping was the most miserable Florida experience so far for me. That UF team went 7-5 I think and still waxed UT, and it was hot as Hell that day

15. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

2010? It was 31-17 and was actually somewhat competitive. Urban faked a punt that pretty much killed the game.

Tar Volon likes this.
  16. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Matt Sims

17. Ssmiff

Matt Sims never had a chance with me because I can't see Sims without seeing the awful head of hair his dad goes on tv with

Memtownvol likes this.
  18. Ssmiff

I think about every florida fan thinks this backup they have is Mullens Tebow. Heard it a few times and now I am in a random wing joint in Nolensville next to 2 gator fans with jerseys tucked in taking advantage of the free coke are saying he's back and a more athletic Tebow

justingroves likes this.
  19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We’ll have our chances to keep it close, but they’ll have their chances to blow it open. Unlike last year, if we do dig a hole, I expect our offense will do work against the backups to make the final score look more presentable than the game was.

20. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

He's a better athlete in every way. The comparison is warranted