POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Cluster [uck fay] that has no real winners.

I think the governor should be taking more heat for allowing this environment to take place after local authorities requested national guard assistance and was denied .

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

well i'm armed but not afraid. Kid shouldn't have been down there. He and parents are idiots. From what I read, not sure what's true so I stop paying attention, 2 of the dudes he killed were shitbags, one a pedo rapist. Wish we knew who all of them were and could walk around shooting them.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I agree.

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Bowie raped little boys? Thought he was into China Girls and a couple quickies with Freddy Mercury

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Quickies with Mick Jagger

Your lack of knowledge of the sexual activity of the rock gods is disappointing

justingroves and Ssmiff like this.
  7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So for those who followed this more closely, if prosecutors go for lesser charges do they get a guilty verdict?

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

No.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I gotta say “depends” on this one. But it’s hard to imagine those incompetent buffoons convicting for only reckless endangerment or assault either

Edit: I am aware they did go for reckless endangerment, so it’s unlikely they would have gotten a conviction for those alone

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not necessarily. But it makes the entire conversation more rational.

justingroves and A-Smith like this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is leadership. This is why it isn't "both sides."

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If the one dude had a current permit on the Glock, does that go down differently? I imagine that particular portion contributed to the long deliberations as it was

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Uhh... what?

The question was "Do you stand by your past comments equating [Rittenhouse] to white supremacy?"

The correct answer would have been "No." His response didn't answer the question. Rittenhouse wasn't on trial for "white supremacy," so standing by what the jury concluded doesn't even come close to answering the question. He's just as divisive as he was when he made the original comment.

A better journalist would have pressed him on it, but those don't seem to exist anymore.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
  14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Like, it baffles me that you can watch that and say "This is leadership," IP. He made a baseless claim about a US citizen to benefit his campaign, and, when given the opportunity to walk it back, he chose to side step the question.

What about that says "Leadership" to you? That he didn't say the jury was wrong and Rittenhouse is a murderer? Your bar is that [uck fay]ing low?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
  15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

16. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or joking.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

That he stood by the jury, ya. That bar is a lot higher than most of what goes on these days.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

But that wasn't the question. He made a baseless claim and was given the opportunity to walk it back. Instead, he chose to dodge the question.

That's not leadership.

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Leadership, as it pertains to walking back or apologizing for comments, does not exist in current politics as a general rule.

Regardless of anyone’s thoughts on Biden’s comments, the bar has been laughably low for a long ass time

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Even when politicians do walk things back that would/should warrant an apology, it’s half-assed at best or they turn around and double down later at worst. I think we’ve seen plenty of that the last several years