POLITICS Hillary 24!

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Your "basic" numbers were there are a lot of people here and some of them are different, but didn't even provide any context in comparison with other countries. Are you arguing diversity by volume? You must be, as the next statement was to throw out China and India with an "I'm pretty confident you'll agree these countries aren't as diverse", which isn't supporting anything, particularly since India has over 2,000 different ethnicities.

I didn't change the meaning of anything. You simply didn't bother to understand the context (not to mention it wasn't really an important part of the argument) and thought you had a winning semantic argument. Your analogy is silly and changes the context entirely. But, on that vein, am I to suppose, after all this, you don't think America is the best country in the world?

2. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Depends on their linguistic differences it would seem. From the LSU game days I’ve been to, they all communicate fairly well and use simple single finger sign language to emphasize points that need it.

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Agreed. How that morphed into me wishing for a return to the worst incarnation of our country I still don’t understand though…

Something else I will say, and probably say as clumsily as I seem to say anything else, is that I have a hard time with the idea of being “proud to be (insert birth condition here)”. How can you take pride in something you didn’t have any choice in or do anything to be? I’m proud of actual achievements I’ve made in life… things that I had to exert effort and time to accomplish but being born a certain way is no “achievement” at all. Am I glad to be an American? Of course, but I didn’t choose it, nor did I choose my race, religion or any other fundamental aspect of my being. There’s nothing there to be “proud” of!

IP likes this.
  4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Diversity and size are not equivalent. A place that has 10 representatives of every religion is not more religiously diverse than a place that only has 1 representative of every religion. They are equally diverse. One is merely larger.

The census is a measure of size, not diversity. We are not more diverse than other western countries; we are equally as diverse.

5. fl0at_

I did not take over from Tenny D. I said Tenny D left. I said since the founders can't be [uck fay]ed to be around, why should anyone else? How is this still hard for you?

Let's try it simply: Who do you think is in charge of this site?

6. fl0at_

No other country has to "overtake" in order for "we're the most" to be incorrect. They merely have to equal. That's it. If two things are equivalent, neither is "more" than the other. Other western countries are as diverse as we are. Ergo.

7. Savage Orange

There’s a pretty good YouTube video on that subject… there’s no sound, no subtitles at all but it’s an Italian guy talking to a woman and you can totally understand the gist what he’s saying solely from his hand gestures.

Volsdude likes this.
  8. fl0at_

Every country has their own indigenous peoples.

9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea pretty clear I was using volume to justify "most". And holy shit, you and your obsession with falsely saying I'm declaring America as being the "best country in the world" despite literally never ever typing out that exact sentence anywhere in this thread. Me swelling with pride as an American over America and what the country has accomplished and what the constitution represents for all of us in 2021 has nothing to do with trying to shit on other countries. Nationalism = very bad to you, gotcha.

10. Savage Orange

Just in my travels to Guatemala, I certainly felt a lot of diversity there in what is a much smaller geographical area then the US. For sure, there is a national identity, but that identity is made up of many different languages, religions (or even lack thereof) and racial identities. One might think of Central America as being fairly homogeneous, but the truth is that is is extremely diverse, and in my anecdotal opinion, more so than here…

11. fl0at_

I admit to being someone who generally has a "feel" that Central, and even South America is homogeneous. It's not. But it's still kind of baked in from a strong lack of focus on it coming up.

Savage Orange likes this.
  12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Do pot bellied UGA women who always bark at me when I'm in Athens count as another language?

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Oh, wait, I never said Nationalism=very bad! I am so appalled you are putting words in my mouth! You made a deal about the most vs. best thing. It's your thing. Still not answering questions, though. Just mealy mouthed nonsense. You can never answer directly to clear questions.

I know you were using volume. I wanted you to state it clearly so as to point out its failure as a metric.

14. Savage Orange

If you ever get a chance, Antigua Guatemala is a place you should see. It’s very touristy, but the history there is unbelievable.

Unimane likes this.
  15. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

No, that’s just a symptom of serious mental illness.

zehr27 and ole_orange like this.
  16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Ok. I concede, you are right. Seriously. My mind has been changed. Clumsy of me to ascribe the United States as being the "most" diverse country in the entire world.

17. Savage Orange

I can’t wait for Georgia fans to realize, like I did back in 1999, that the only folks who actually care about their natty or other members of the fanbase. The rest of the world has already moved on with their lives.

18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I still think you do. Reread our first ever interaction in the Biden presidency thread. How could I not arrive at that conclusion based on the things you literally told me when I had no earthly idea who you even were on here.

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

However I'll never concede that having gratitude for being fortunate enough to exist in this country as opposed to existing in any other society throughout human history and that taking pride in being American = ugly form of nationalism that slights the rest of the world.

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

What about states vs countries? I'm damn proud to be a Tennessean, as were almost all of my American ancestors from both the paternal and maternal branches since the 1800s. Everyone who has ever lived is from somewhere. Nothing wrong about taking pride in your geographical starting point in life.