POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I say let those people vote. Its probably less than 500K people. Should convicted felons in prison vote?

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

yes. Are your hourly employees able to vote by mail or after they get off work?

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The internet exists in public, man. Voting by net doesn't mean voting by net at home.

Mail in for those with computer fear. Since these would be far, far fewer, the poll workers of old could validate them via random follow ups.

There are still probably better ways that didn't take 30 seconds to consider.

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Sounds like a scummy company imo. Another reason why we must address states like New York and Delaware only having a 10 day window to early vote compared to states with longer windows to early vote like Tennessee, Georgia and Texas. It's not fair.

5. fl0at_

Not by mail. They would not qualify, as they would be present on the day. Not after work, if the polls are closed before getting off.

6. fl0at_

It's a profit generating company, so, yea, the hourly employees are hit hardest. They are also the ones that work on holidays.

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

So people definitely are too poor and dumb to obtain a valid photo ID of any kind, but they are savy enough to obtain a fake photo ID corresponding to another person's information. Adds up.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Can all people make it to the public place and use the net?

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If voting takes place 3 blocks east of where I live, then technically, my neighbor directly to the west of me does not have equal access to voting as I do. She has to walk a few feet further to get there.

There's no way to give everyone equal access in the literal sense while still utilizing in person voting. Someone is always going to have to drive a little further that others.

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

And early voting just isn't an option either? Damn, I do feel bad for states with restrictive, narrow early voting windows like New York and Delaware. Hopefully those specific state legislators will get with the times and expand early voting like Georgia and Texas has.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Your hourly employees work 13 hours on voting day?

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

FYP.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

These employees work non stop and have zero time off or personal time available. No lunch breaks even.

Indy and ole_orange like this.
  14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Never met anyone who said you should have to own property to vote.

Met one person who believes that no one who receives government assistance should be eligible.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

make sure the friends you ask haven't rented. Ever.

16. fl0at_

In one of our holdings, which is financial, we have a collections department that works all the way to 10pm. On Saturdays too. The folks in operations that are handling contracts have to finish same day, and FedEx can often be late. So on those days, those folks log stupid hours.

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It's just impossible for us to expect these people to be able to vote. If we don't federalize national elections these people will certainly never be able to have their voice heard.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

No lunch break? That collection department only have 1 shift? What time do they start?

19. fl0at_

You're making up the dumb and poor bit. Most people say it's unnecessary, because it doesn't make any difference.

You're the one saying it's going to make a difference, and I'm asking how... and then processing your hows. And so far, you've concluded that they won't have the information needed to even get to the picture id stage of the process. So my response is... then why need the id?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

That one I am not sure of.