Winter Olympics 2022

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Unimane, Feb 6, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just don't care about the Olympics anymore. It is all for sale.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I much prefer it now to the Cold War charade of "amateurism" and rampant unchecked cheating it used to be. We, for the most part, get the best athletes in the world in nearly every sport. I'd pretty much have to stop watching sports if I held them to the same sort of standard as condemning the commercialization and financial involvement within the Olympics.

3. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

There's winter Olympics going on? Haven't watched a single minute and don't intend to and don't miss it. Haven't watched any Olympics in years. Last event I watched was woman's swimming several years ago with wife and daughters because they were swimmers. I rooted for the hot juiced Russian, Julia, because she was, well, hot. I lived in Atlanta during '96 Olympiclower. fun, but it was a shit show trying to run it and financially a loser.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Between Mikaela Shiffrin and Simone Biles, they are going to have to reevaluate how they sell stars to the public for these Games. I don't know if it's a generational thing with internalizing the pressure so much, but I can't remember ever seeing something similar to what happened to those two. Maybe Dan Jansen.

I kind have an undeveloped theory the generation who grew up on social media is more sensitive to criticism and more self-conscious, as a result. I see it more often in my athletes the fear failure than I did previously, or maybe I simply perceive it to be so.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It’s not an undeveloped theory.

social media has been proven to be horrible for young girls and their mental health. Doesn’t effect young boys as much.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst