POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

But now I can't help but wonder if this all stems from someone who invited him to an orgy not liking that he broke the first and second rules of orgy club. So in a way he may have brought this on himself.

gcbvol likes this.
  2. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I am now 100% convinced the orgy/cocaine stuff is legit.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Orgy is outside my need to know from someone, but cocaine use is something that is need to know for the public.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Isn't he pretty shitty at his job? There's really no need for personal stuff

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd be interested to know if he has ever contributed to any bill. He seems to let others in the GOP house do the real work and just cheerleads

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It doesn't matter on here what I think is compelling.

He was on Bari Weiss's podcast, Honestly, and they were talking about the fight for gay rights and how he fit into it, as well as their thoughts on the relationship between the L/G part and the T/Q part of the LGBTQ community. I've stated on here before that I find it interesting how those groups of people fit together, so I found it interesting to hear the perspective directly from an L and a G.

He said a number of things that stood out, like how he doesn't like being called part of the "queer" group, yet progressives insist on including him in that group. He said that back in the day, "queer" was often the last word he heard before getting punched in the face, so it carries a certain negative weight with him. So he doesn't like that people today now force that word on him, despite their good intentions of trying to "recapture" the word. There was other stuff too. Nothing about innate racial intelligence limits.

gcbvol likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Are there people who identify as only queer, and if so what characteristics does that apply to? Or is it more of an additional identifier paired with one or more others?

8. gcbvol

Yep, there is a lot of stigma around historical slurs within the community. Some are very comfortable with the word while others have reactions like Sullivan. I don't really use the word except in very specific circumstances, but have friends who use it as common vocabulary. It doesn't bother me but I completely understand why others don't like it. I will add the "F" word makes me cringe any time I hear it.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I only use queer when describing a location or situation during an investigation. And then only in a bad English or Connecticut accent.

NorrisAlan and gcbvol like this.
  10. gcbvol

There are two meanings of the "Q". Queer and Questioning. I'm a bit older so am not fully up to speed on the current utilization of "queer", but I think it has been claimed by some who embrace and celebrate our difference and don't necessarily subscribe to integration with heterosexual norms. They enjoy maintaining, well, queer identity.

@cpninja may have better insight here.

cpninja likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

So. Q can be for people questioning if they are hetero and cis, or it can be for people who identify as very loudly LGB or T. I wonder if a very loud hetero could qualify as queer in the sense of rejecting heterosexual norms...

I feel like asexuals are kind of tacked in just because they get othered, which kind of makes one wonder about heterosexual norms a lot. It's a fairly narrow band of behavior even today. Don't have same sex. But have hetero sex. But not too much, just some!

And I say this as a naturally very normal hetero uninfluenced by cultural and norms, consciously.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

So, married men.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I do find the tribalism in the gay community really interesting and fun.

I know my lesbian friends find a lot of the trans stuff bullshit and think a lot of beta males are gaming the system with it.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I find the tribalism interesting too. I think part of it is that people are more diverse than the number of letters available. We have things in common and can be grouped, but still are very much individuals with particular behaviors. I'm convinced that "trans" encompasses a lot of diverse situations. For example, the neopronoun folks are distinct from a trans man or woman. And a person who wants to be see as trans is distinct from a person who wants to be seen as a particular binary gender. Etc.

I think we are seeing the true range of the human condition for the first time in civilization, as it was always repressed before to increase societal cohesion.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

i don’t know Rome had quite a bit of weird shit going on at the end. I think it’s not common but goes in cycles

IP likes this.
  16. gcbvol

Back in the day lesbians and gay men weren't really all that chummy, more partners in a common cause. But that has really changed over the years. So tribalism definitely exists but in a lot of ways we've come together as a community, generally speaking.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Didn't talk much before because each were in a different closet.

gcbvol likes this.
  18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I just can't feel bad for the guy. He is a total fraud. Hopefully someone beats him in his race.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He doesn't look like he'd be hard to beat in a race.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yikes, that might be too far.

IP likes this.