Week 3 Rankings

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 17, 2022.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

1. Georgia - yikes
    2. Bama - they seem to have recovered from last week's lethargic game
    3. Tennessee - tell me why the vols should not be ranked here
    4. Kentucky - see my FCS rule from last week
    5. Ole Miss - is GA Tech good? No. But they still walked into ATL and hammered them.
    6. Arkansas - I would count today's game as a struggle. I am tough, but fair.
    7. A&M - I still don't have a Flippin clue about this team.
    8. LSU - playing better and no one has died yet. Winning!
    9. Florida - beginning to think Utah was fools gold
    10. State - rough, rough 2nd half today
    11. Auburn - better chance IP gets a Trump tattoo than Harsin making it through the season. They are just not good.
    12. Vandy - already hit the over on their win total, and the calendar hasn't hit October.
    13. Missouri - this team is not good. At all.
    14. Carolina - and this team is worse.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hang in there, Harsin. I got you.

[​IMG]

NorrisAlan, SetVol13 and CardinalVol like this.
  3. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Auburn vs Missouri might have some serious 2008 Auburn vs Tennessee vibes. My money is on Missouri and Auburn telling Harsin to buy a greyhound ticket from Columbia back to Boise.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  4. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Lol Missouri is the worst team in the league. By far.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Georgia hasn't been challenged yet, Oregon and South Carolina both said "screw it, let's go home" pretty quickly. Georgia is also the most talented team in the country.

Alabama still looks like they're coasting by.

The Levis hype is so dumb, the guy isn't good. Kentucky is a slow Big 10 team, congratulations Lexington

Anthony Richardson is damn near Guarantano bad as a pocket passer. The absolute worst thing to do is make him use his athleticism. Drop 8 and get 4 turnovers

Mississippi State, this is Mike Leach

What condescending smartass comments did Kelly have after sleepwalking for 3 quarters? I'm sure it wasn't his fault his team looks like they would rather be anywhere but playing for him

Go play hide and seek again, Beamer. South Carolina is miserable

Missouri is worse

Congratulations Vandy, you aren't the absolute worst in the SEC!

Kiffin enjoys beating teams from Georgia

Harsin wants out as bad as Auburn wants him gone

Jimbo owes Jameis Winston a lot of money

6. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

That's just not true. They are conservative as shit, but they have burners on that offense and good team speed on defense.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I would rather us play man coverage and keep him from using his legs. It's unlikely he can make the throws so let's not let him beat us with scrambles.

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Now my experience is completely from video games, but it is my understanding that man coverage gives more opportunity than zone coverage to scramble.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Dropping 8 gives you less guys upfront to contain.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Which is why I say play a double spy on him.

Memtownvol and zehr27 like this.
  11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And for the love of all that is holy, don't hurt him. Backup QBs cause my BVS to flare up.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Okay guys, Norris rescinded the kill order. We want him alive and ready for another snap.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This. Take away his only good trait. Banks and McDonald

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

y'all say so. Better have a plan b and c if that doesn't go well.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I'm guessing we move to 12 in the rankings. Expectations are going to be high.

16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I’d say 11th. I’d be surprised if Utah was still ahead of us when the polls come out.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

The rankings are bullshit, though. Teams 9-15 as of Week 3:
    9. Kentucky- Objectively less impressive through 3 games than Tennessee. They beat a Florida team that was unranked until beating an overrated Utah team. This is a house of cards scenario. Kentucky is top 10 over other schools because they beat Florida who was only ranked because they beat Utah who was just ranked due to preseason but then lost to an unranked Florida in the first game? Okay. No internal consistency in the rankings, making them meaningless. House of cards.
    10. Arkansas- Objectively less impressive through 3 games than Tennessee.
    11. Michigan State- lost, was never clearly better. Just preseason Big 10 charity.
    12. BYU- lost, made some sense that they were ranked ahead in Week 3 but no more. (beat then #9 Baylor in week 2).
    13. Miami- lost, was never clearly better anyway.
    14. Utah- shouldn't be ahead of undefeated teams with top 25 wins when they have already been upset by a then-unranked team.
    15. Tennessee- Only top Top 15 road win in this subset. Hell, only top 25 road win in this subset. blew out other two opponents in the first half.

So I would think we move up 3 at a minimum, but I don't see what real on the field reason there is for Kentucky or Arkansas to be above Tennessee other than the initial rankings, which have been shown to be inaccurate even in this subset of teams.

At a minimum, beating Florida should vault us ahead of Utah, and Kentucky regardless of what they do against NIU, and probably over Arkansas even if they beat TAMU.

So I [itch bay] now because I think we should be #9 or 10, but if we beat Florida it is almost certainly happening anyway.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Okay, the incredibly inept offensive staff plays like a slow Big 10 team and Mark Stoops isn't the defensive genius he claims he is

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Well, just hurt the back up

zehr27 likes this.
  20. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Rankings this week don't matter. Win next week and we'll be top ten going into the bye. Win at LSU and this season can be truly special. Need to be sharper early on, and the defense needs to continue to improve

Tar Volon likes this.