UT-Martin

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorrisAlan, Oct 16, 2022.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Skyhawks coming into this game ranked 14th in the FCS coaches poll. Not quite ND State (or I guess SD State at the moment), but we will have to actually halfway show up to win like we should.

tvolsfan likes this.
  2. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Heuple is a rock. Steady, sure, consistent. Even when media talking heads try and steer him into emotionalism and hyperbole he smiles just a hint and rolls out the steps to success. Pay him 10 million a year, we can’t lose him.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Could this game have come at a better time? Not just for the team, who need to heal and also need to recover from Bama game emotionally, but for the fans? We need a game to go to that is just clap clap, yay, good job. I don't think the crown could be ready for KY this weekend, but a week of UT-Martin will give the crowd the energy for a top-25 KY team coming in here.

I couldn't be happier with the way this schedule has worked out for us this year.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah it’s like a curtain call after hitting a home run

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Don’t love Kentucky getting a bye, but if we’re half as good as we look, beating them under the lights in Neyland shouldn’t be a problem.

Memtownvol, utvol0427 and IP like this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya it isn't a gimme but it is doable.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's just going to make the win that much more enjoyable

NorrisAlan likes this.
  8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Just gonna give them an extra week to pee down their legs

9. Memtownvol

Memtownvol Member

I really don’t see it being nearly as close of a game as last year’s was. I’m pretty confident that our D-line is going to really put the pressure on the undisputed #1 draft pick while also bottling up their running game. If we start fast like we did against BAMA, I just don’t think UK is built to make the plays to stay in the game for long. I actually think we win by like 3 td’s.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

As per usual in these types of games, I want to see at least 71 points.

justingroves likes this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hendon will have 400+ combined yards again

Memtownvol likes this.
  12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Does UT Martin have a single fan who doesn't love the Vols more? Seems like they are another Tennessee Tech in that regard.

13. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Kentucky presents some issues, but their offense has been so anemic that its hard to foresee them having a legitimate chance of wining the game. They’re averaging only 23 ppg against P5 opponents. Chris Rodriguez is a terrific back, they have two really good freshman receivers, and Levis can make plays. However, their offensive line has played really poorly this season, especially pass protection. Even if their defense played lights out and held Tennessee to 27-31 points, which would be quite the accomplishment, it’s hard to see Kentucky being able to match that the way that their offense has looked this year.

Memtownvol, TDVol1989 and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. CardinalVol

Probably a few that are Memphis State fans.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  15. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

The UTM HC is Ty Simpson’s dad. It wouldn’t surprise me if some of them hopped on the Bammer bandwagon.

16. CardinalVol

I don't think anyone really cares about UTM to do that.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

37-14

I think we struggle early and warm up and then give up a junk score late.

18. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

37???

IP likes this.
  19. Halftime score?

20. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Exactly. Hooker will have that when they pull him after 2 quarters.