Kentucky

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Oct 23, 2022.

1. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

A lot of mistakes from us is the only way I see them having a chance. Turnovers on offense. Total blown assignments on defense and STs. Otherwise I don’t see a way for them to hang at Neyland at night against this team.

Crazier things have happened, but not often.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We barely beat ky last year 45-42. Levi’s threw for 375 and 3 tds. Our pass D is worse. 8th year senior Rodriguez avg 5 ypc.
    Taylor’s pick 6 was huge.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Pass defense is pretty much the same but the front 6-7 is playing on a different level

honestly so is the offense

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

It isn't really worse, they are playing against more attempts because the number of possessions are greater due to the fast offense scoring more, and teams playing from behind. This is empirical.

tvolsfan, utvol0427 and Tar Volon like this.
  5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Our pass defense will not play worse than last year. We will get way more pressure. Only way we lose is turnovers and mistakes on special teams.

Tar Volon likes this.
  6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Damn right. Heupel is building us an empire

tvolsfan and NorrisAlan like this.
  7. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Gotta think venue is a swing in the point differential as well. Neyland at night ought to be rocking.

Still, we’re at the part of the week where I’ve convinced myself the ride is over, and we’re gonna have our hearts ripped out.

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Also, I’ve gotta believe the SEC and powers that be really want this UGA/UT matchup to be a battle of unbeatens.

So, if it’s close, maybe we get the benefit of a screw job call that sends Kentucky home with an L.

I fight dirty. Don’t care how we win, as long as we win.

tvolsfan and A-Smith like this.
  9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Teams are running 8 more pass plays per game but 8 fewer running plays per game.

Last year teams averaged giving up 1.8 rushing and 1.8 passing TDs per game.
    This year it is 1.3 rushing and 1.4 rushing.

We are averaging .7 more turnovers on defense per game.

We are averaging +.8 passing TDs and +1.0 rushing TDs on offense. We are not a pass heavy team, we are a a run heavy team.

We are forcing people out of their game, having to play ours, and that works into our favor.

We crush KY this weekend.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Our next three opponents that aren’t Missouri want to pound the run all game. We’re going to make them go to Plan B. Now some teams have moved the ball against us with Plan B (see: Florida), but we’re not going to let them play to their strengths.

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tennessee has scored 30+ points in a program-record 10 straight games.

Kentucky has not allowed more than 24 points in 11 straight games, the longest current fbs streak.

The last team to score more than 24 points on them? Tennessee.

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Tennessee wins by 3 TD's minimum. Don't know where all this doom and gloom is coming from. Time to man up and enjoy the show.

justingroves, IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Picture1.jpg

tvolsfan, lumberjack4 and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Yeah, 7.3 yards/att given up this year. 7.5 ypa last year.

11.5 D yards/completion this year. 12.0 last year.

Total yards may be worse, but that's just because we're scoring faster and giving the ball back quicker this year. Per drive/per play D stats are universally better across the board this year.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We also were playing Kentucky last year with what, 3 defensive linemen? By this time last year we were running on fumes, duct tape and Elmer's Glue.

We now have a much deeper dline that can rotate in and out and not get gassed.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Kentucky was about our worst game of the season last year on defense. That one and Purdue. We just played bad in both.

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Honestly our D kinda tanked post-Alabama. Don’t think there was a game in the second half where I could honestly say they played well. But Kentucky and Purdue felt the most helpless.

A-Smith and NorrisAlan like this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Basilio talking about how Heupel may remember when Bob Stoops fired him to protect Mark Stoop and his underperforming defense at Oklahoma.

Kind of hard to overlook an opponent like that.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Alright this is twitter material.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It was actually Mike Stoops that Bob was protecting. But Mike coaches at Kentucky now.

InVolNerable and IP like this.