Kentucky

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Oct 23, 2022.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

How do we see this one shaking out?
    It seems like we are a bad matchup for them. I think it takes us turning the ball over 2-3 times for them to be able to win. I could see this being similar to the Florida game with us finishing the game better.
    UT 38 UK 21

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Kentucky players are going to walk in to an atmosphere like they've never seen before against a team that they will have to play perfectly against to have a chance to win.

Tennessee - 41
    Kentucky - 21

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think Levis will show why he is the Greatest QB ever put on earth, a sure shot #1 overall NFL pick and HoF Player.

Actually, I think we pound him into the ground with our stunt/blitz game, they cannot run and we score about 50 on them.

UT 45, UK 21

EDIT: Hah, they are averaging 113 yards per game on the ground. We are going to make them feel like they were [uck fay]ed with a porcupine.

Memtownvol likes this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kentucky will score on their first possession (the first 15 scripted plays tend to work against this defense)

Tennessee will score at will

Levis starts pressing, will be responsible for a minimum of two turnovers

Tennessee wins 45 -24 and it won't ever feel that close

Memtownvol, NorrisAlan and utvol0427 like this.
  5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Now that we’ve passed our FCS creampuff, I am back to being terrified that this is going to come crashing down. They’re going to slow it down and hope they can turn us over a couple times. And if we’re not sharp, they might.

That said, we should eat their OL alive, and their D isn’t good enough to stop us unless we stop ourselves. I expect to be favored by around 10 or so, and this could be 20-point win if we’re on our game on offense and don’t give Levis time.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's not really any "crashing down" this team can do, they're just good.

InVolNerable likes this.
  7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

What worries me is that Kentucky has had 2 weeks to prepare and get healthy. We were able to rest a lot of players yesterday, but Stoops is a good coach and his defense is usually pretty solid. We should win, but it may be close than a lot of people think.

I hope we win by 30+.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I have a strange feelings all the below happens.

Dee Williams fumbles a punt

Our Secondary let's Levis have a Heisman day

Hooker has his worst game of the year

Now can we over come all of this and win ugly. We will find out next week.

9. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

UK feels similar to Pitt for me. And we obviously played our ugliest game so far against Pitt. I could see there being some ugliness to this one, but this team has given me no reason to expect anything other than a win at home against this caliber opponent.

10. Tar Volon

Pitt with a better quarterback and worse OL. Probably a better defense too.

I don’t think Levis is great with guys in his face, but we haven’t been great at getting guys to the ground in the backfield—if he makes some throws under pressure and we turn it over a couple times, it could be trouble.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think this team has grown a lot since the the second week of September.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

An ugly win wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing before Georgia.

tvolsfan and Nannerpuss like this.
  13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Levis isn't Richardson, Daniels or Young when it comes to scrambling around either.

Tennessee has played against one qb that doesn't have wheels and he didn't play the 2nd half

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, I could see it going down like that.

15. Tar Volon

Yeah, the matchup looks really good for us. If we execute, we win handily. If we sleepwalk, they can give us trouble, good matchup or no.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Doubt Levis at your own risk.

Greatest NFL prospect since Curly Lambeau was on the sidelines.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

We are better now than when we played Pitt. Significantly.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

No way we are sleepwalking wearing black at night in Neyland. It won't be an Alabama atmosphere but it will be close.

Memtownvol likes this.
  19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

51-27 Vols

NorrisAlan and Memtownvol like this.
  20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yeah, the crowd will be like the Florida game and the Ole Miss game last year, which is definitely enough to cause problems for the other team.

A-Smith, Memtownvol and justingroves like this.