NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Fourth and an inch and you get a delay of game penalty. Coaching malpractice.

justingroves likes this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Just sneak it. They made 3 subs with 12 on the play clock.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

somehow i feel like he's done ok for what he is, and his receivers haven't helped much

4. JohnnyQuickkick

can't do that, gotta use your super duper play to show everybody how smart you are

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Death, taxes, and the Dolphins finishing .500.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed. I think they have to replace him. He just can't stay healthy

7. Ssmiff

Getting to the nfl as a coach means you were in the right time at right place or born in the right family or made the right guy laugh. Willing to work and travel around moving every year.
    Gametime, too many make lousy decisions. Like Ekeler getting the ball 5 more times after a 27-0 lead, and today a chance at a huge upset with Bert Reynolds at QB and you decide with 12 seconds on the clock and no timeouts on potential game winning upset if the year drive to send bigs in for a sneak. Yell whooperhwill or something, get on the line and go with a shove from behind. Then down to 2 minute warning at the 50. Or at minimum insist on an official measurement and gather yourself. I like that dude but if you got a little odd swagger you can’t go dear in headlights.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Why I don't like Mike McDaniel. He looks like a douche nugget that just wants to out smart you instead of playing football.

9. Ssmiff

As I finished my rant, on 3rd and 1, Minnesota runs a toss sweep to Jefferson 8 yards deep and obvious, throwback back to Cousins who is supposed to make 2 defenders miss.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Uncalled false start yesterday helping Jags win. Uncalled false start today.

11. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

And about 15 delay of games that the Dolphins got away with. Officiating in all sports, at all levels, is really bad.

VolDad likes this.
  12. NorrisAlan

Well you see, Bob, the refs look at the clock, and when it reads zero, they look down and if the ball is snapped, it is not a delay of game. So while it looks like that to the layman, but technically it isn't.

Every game ever broadcast

VolDad likes this.
  13. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

You don't need to be good if you're never held accountable.

14. NorrisAlan

Fourth and two and giants go into a soft zone ten yards off the line of scrimmage....

15. NorrisAlan

Are coaches retarded?

16. JohnnyQuickkick

Glorified PE teachers

17. NorrisAlan

4th and 8 and a two yard out....

18. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Are coaches special needs? That’s the correct way to say it according to my wife. That’s why when my son does something stupid I tell him ‘stop being so special needs’ and she can’t get mad at me.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Kirk Cousins is a bed shitter when it matters.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Daniel Jones looked like Mahomes for a good chunk of that game. Impressive.

And the giants coaching staff looked like they coached in Coalfield for the high school season.

SetVol13 and NorrisAlan like this.