POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What if that picture was kids at a kegger in a frat house? The anger is at the wrong thing.

gcbvol likes this.
  2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

General next step for whatabout unless you want to go Biden.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think this is partly on some parents, partly a conflation of things, and perhaps partly on some bars/clubs not putting their foot down regarding said parents.

SetVol13 likes this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

attention

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

No, it's indicative of the level of thought people apply to an activity they find personally objectionable. If you don't like it don't go. Don't fabricate a boogey man.

SetVol13 and VolDad like this.
  6. Ssmiff

Attached Files:

7. Ssmiff

Shit shouldn’t happen. Blame whoever. Takes 2 to tango.

Attached Files:

8. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

100%. Drag queens are taking the hit and they're not the problem. Might as well go back to prohibition since some parents let their kids have access to alcohol.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. NorrisAlan

And this is my point. Not that what we see in those pictures is OK. On the contrary. But the reactionaries want to target all drag shows and not those drag shows (for allowing kids in) or the parents (for even taking them in the first place).

SetVol13 and gcbvol like this.
  10. gcbvol

Every typical drag show I've attended did not allow children. I realize there are events labeled as family friendly which likely aren't, but we're talking a small percentage. With these I take issue with the drag performers. Most drag queens would not do that, though, which is why you see some speaking out.

Story hours are entirely different.

11. Ssmiff

they aren’t the problem but could say no

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm still gonna need some context on these photos you're sharing. A lot of photos have been shared online regarding this stuff and then the video from where the photos were taken shows an entire different scenario. I'm all for not having kids in inappropriate shows, but there's something deeper at work here.

13. gcbvol

Yep, because it's much easier to go after the marginalized group versus the actual issue.

And the truth is children are at much higher risk of abuse at home or church than at a drag show. That's the capital T truth.

utvol0427, VolDad and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Why take kids anywhere they can learn about other cultures, people, ideals, ways of living, etc etc.?

15. Ssmiff

how about you just tell me in what context those images are appropriate.

16. gcbvol

How many here have actually been to a drag show, drag bingo or drag brunch? Do you have any idea what they're actually like?

SetVol13 likes this.
  17. NorrisAlan

Cannot say I have. Nor is it something that I would actively seek out, but I don't go to any shows, drag or not.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I went once, to a drag brunch. Kids were there too. It was harmless.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

And, let's get real what's really happening here. There has been difficulty gaining traction on anti-gay stuff in the public realm, even among many conservatives and especially young people of any political bent. Dirty men dressed up as women showing "sexualized" (a term used very loosely) acts to kiddies is merely a backdoor to slagging on gay folks or, at least, breaking up some of the different lettered coalition.

There's a group spearheading this moral panic (and I'm not referring to Republicans) and they are plenty willing to use "The kids!" as their entry in to people siding up with them.

gcbvol likes this.
  20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

No offense, but you’ll find me at an Alabama class reunion first