UTSA Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 23, 2023.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

1 Gonna get this out of the way first - GET DYLAN SAMPSON THE DAMN FOOTBALL!

2 First half was the best we’ve looked this year.

3 When Milton is on, he’s fun to watch perform. That TD pass to Keaton was an absolute dime. He should have had another before the half.

4 That said, those first 2 drives on the second half were awful.

5 That said, he’s not the biggest problem. That is still the o line. I don’t know why they are so bad but if it doesn’t improve we’re about to be in trouble.

6 I really hope that the injuries were caution over actual injury.

7 Do our DBs ever tackle in practice?

8 Another game and another mind blowing stupid play on special teams.

9 I was bummed Harris didn’t play for UTSA. I really wanted to see him in person.

10 I’d love to know how much Colorado gear got thrown away and burned this afternoon.

Bonus - I’m worried about next week. I don’t trust either side of the ball at all.

10SEvols and gcbvol like this.
  2. HotlantaVol

HotlantaVol Member

Good points. Four games in, and I think this is a 7-5 team, 8-4 tops if we're lucky. Need a new DC and secondary coach next year for sure.

VOLinDAWGland, gcbvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  3. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Next week feels like the turning point. One way or the other. Find a way to win and we could go 9-3. Lose and I think we’re looking at a 7-5 or 6-6. I think we’ll lose. Defense and O-line stink and Joe is Joe.

4. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

South Carolina is not some world beater y’all. They’re in a dogfight at home with Cowbell U

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Rattler has one incomplete pass.

6. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Yeah but are we going to score 40 on them? Cause we are gonna need to.

7. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I really don’t think so. Beamer Ball Jr has produced one quality true road performance in his entire run to this point.

8. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

He will eat this defense alive. Well have to be near perfect offensively.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  9. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

North Carolina’s defense is featured on packs of Charmin. They gave up 17.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Gosh DARN it SGMVols is pulling me BACK IN.

11. KyleAlexanderfan

To be fair it was their first game under a new OC. The only was I see us stopping Rattler is if he stops himself. Can beat you on the ground or the air. Their shitty oline has been decent tonight. We have to bring him down and take good angles when rushing him. There will be opportunities for sacks but those could easily turn into 15+ yard gains if we don't contain.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

-we don’t take to the ground in practice right now
    -with all the dink and dunk being thrown at us, our dl has to bat some balls. We must be last in D1 in DL batted ballsz

13. KyleAlexanderfan

MSU just banged him up a little. Keep hitting hm.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

How common is it not to take to the ground in practice? Seems like we may want to rethink that and at least have a couple of live fire sessions.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm going to hell because that is the only thing I am watching for.

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Watching South Carolina/MSU, and Milton is going to have an open deep ball about 75,000 times next week. Gonna have to connect on more of them than he did tonight, because I have no faith in us to stop Rattler.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

We sure as shit can be spending a quarter of our pass plays on the screens. Got to attack them down field.

18. yont sum iss?

That’s going to be a pick 6 at some point in SEC play if we keep doing it as frequently as we do.

19. yont sum iss?

Rattler can do nothing but throw at Hadden every time next week and probably beat us.

NorrisAlan and Memtownvol like this.
  20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm on vacation next weekend, and it's probably for the best. I can read about the 3 TD loss instead of having to watch it.