UTSA Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 23, 2023.

1. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Same. I’ll be traveling all day. If we win I’ll be pleasantly surprised. If not I didn’t have to watch it.

2. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Other than UConn, I’m not sure any outcome in any remaining game is off the table. We could literally win out or struggle to get to a bowl. And we could win by 3tds or lose by 3tds in any game left. We just seem fragile. But there are no juggernauts on the schedule either. Maybe Mays comes back and it has a real impact. I just really don’t know. But very little would shock me other than pitching a shutout.

10SEvols likes this.
  3. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Seriously? SCjr struggled at home against a shitty MSU team. We will sack Rattler 4 times plus and score 40 plus. They [uck fay]ing suck

VolDad likes this.
  4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

What about other performances to date other than the first half today suggest we aren’t also shitty?

TDVol1989, yont sum iss? and zehr27 like this.
  5. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Rewatch the SC/UNC game. Their offensive line sucks and we will be able to get pressure on Rattler all night.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

They are definitely holding that offense back but the same can be said for us.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Any chance that whatever happened to Milton's knee affects his availability for practice this week? What happened obviously wasn't nothing and in my experience with stuff like that, what might seem manageable the day it happens is a mother[uck fay]er the next few days.

justingroves and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Were you alive last year? Because that was the same crap that was being said last year. Week before they scorched us, they absolutely sucked ass against a shitty Florida team.

We are habitually the cure all for any team.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

WGWTFA

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

This was the exact scouting report going into Florida. Home field will help, and it’d be nice to not forget how to play football for an entire quarter, but I really have a hard time seeing us worry Rattler.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

The crowd will have an impact on the outcome Saturday.

justingroves and Memtownvol like this.
  12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Think people are being too hard on Milton. Comments from stands yesterday sucked. Part of it the Hooker effect. Part of it Joe as he can’t throw on the run. Part OC and part OL. I believe he’s around 23/1 TD to INT at UT. We need him to run more to keep defenses from crashing in on the edges

13. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Watch highlights of the MSU/USC game. Milton has a 0% chance of completing the passes that Will Rogers was making. USC will bite down hard on screens and the run game and force Milton to beat them over the top.

Will he make those passes in a high pressure game? We'll know in a week but I'm not optimistic.

14. Ssmiff

If we have 30 rushing yards and throw it 50 times next week like MSU, we won’t win. That’s not our game.

justingroves and Tar Volon like this.
  15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

it happened on the other end of the field from me. I just saw the hit and 4 or 5 guys in staff IMMEDIATELY run out there then just stop and walk back. Haven’t seen the replay.

16. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

We won't beat any SEC competition save maybe Vandy if everyone just puts 8-9 in the box. Even if our OL was all-world, which they're certainly not, we couldn't run against that.

Milton doesn't need to throw it 50 times, he just needs to connect on medium/long throws to force USC to play off.

17. Ssmiff

If they stack the box instead of 3 deep zone, I like our chances.

VOLinDAWGland, LawVol16 and Tar Volon like this.
  18. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Based on what? Milton hitting open receivers?

19. LawVol16

LawVol16 Member

We haven’t played a team all year that’s put 8 or 9 in the box. One of the primary problems has been an inability to consistently run against a 5 man box. It’s not a coincidence that the passing game opened up yesterday after UTSA had to put a 6th guy in the box to help against the run.

20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm slightly less worried about our offense running 50 screens a game than about the defense that has no intention of contesting passes in the air.

Memtownvol likes this.