Bama Thoughts NSFW

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 21, 2023.

1. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

We’d have the same 2 losses. Tennessee doesn’t win in Gainesville or Tuscaloosa. It’s one of the laws of physics or something.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Is this the fourth time in the last five UT/Alabama games that we've given up a defensive touchdown in the fourth quarter? Because if so. . . how?

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Fortunately only 65 people were there to see it.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don’t have a clue what you’re referring to nor do I really give a shit. I just think it’s funny you’re trying to big [penis] it and cant even get his name right.

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Because the hand is below the waste. No different than running with your hand swaying. It's not even borderline or in the same galactic neighborhood.

warhammer likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

If so, it is even worse because that means they are missing the call 99% of the time.

SetVol13 and warhammer like this.
  8. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I know his name, nerd. Must’ve been autocorrect. Just now saw it. I figured you had it in for people named Graham.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Lol, you’re a [uck fay]ing dumbass.

utvol0427 likes this.
  10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

The rule book doesn’t say anything about the hand being above the waist for an invalid fair catch to be called. Am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

11. TennTradition

Are you talking about a player waving people off then catching the ball and advancing it? Best I can tell that shouldn’t be allowed and ball should be dead there or out to the 25 if inside it (assuming the player waving people off is the one who catches it).

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's a badly written rule no matter if it was applied correctly. By the logic I am reading here, any arm motion by any player on the receiving team might be construed as a waving motion and can be considered an invalid fair catch signal rendering the ball dead where caught.

For the record, I don't for a minute believe tonight's was the right call. Invalid fair catch call implies that there was intent to call a fair catch or perform some kind of trickery.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I appreciate you trying, but that call will never be anything but atrocious bullshit

14. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Calm your [breasts], Grant.

15. TennTradition

All fair.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm talking about people moving their arms, because that is apparently an invalid signal since isn't a valid one.

17. TennTradition

Rules specifically say a waving motion (not moving arm). The Iowa kid was waving his back arm back and forth like crazy. I didn’t see Dee wave but also didn’t see the full play because they froze it.

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

By your logic crossing your arms to tell everyone not to touch the ball then picking it up and advancing it (a sequence which isn't entirely uncommon) would be an invalid fair catch because he waved his arms even if it isn't remotely resembling the fair catch signal. But that is never called an invalid fair catch. I get it when a player does something border line that kinda looks like a signal but not strictly one. Keeping your arms still or waving at waist level instead of above the head are so far removed from the actual signal that it can't be, or should never be, called an invalid signal. Because its not any attempt at a signal.

19. TennTradition

Yes. I agree. As I read the rule they shouldn’t be able to pick it up and advance after waving their arms to say clear out.

I finally found a video of the Tennessee “invalid fair catch” and I could see no waving. He lifts his arms up in a “T” pose. But no waving.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Bama scored 10 pts in 2nd half before Milton threw his first pass.