Bowl Game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CitrusCo.Vol, Nov 28, 2023.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I probably overstated, but don't underestimate the Midwesterners' current hatred of the S - E - C, S - E - C. Big 10 fans haven't known what to do with themselves most of the last 20 years or better. I'm sure the Iowa players have a touch of it too.

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Nathan Peterman is still bouncing around active rosters

zehr27 likes this.
  3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He definitely will make a roster

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Vols 24
    Iowa 20

Nico throws for 165 and runs for 110 more.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Penn State beat Iowa by 30.

A-Smith and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  6. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Not gonna lie, kinda miss the days when BCS caliber bowls were actually big deals still. Back when playing in and winning bowls like the Sugar, Orange, Fiesta on New Years day felt more like an honor as opposed to the consolation prizes these major bowl games have become.

I just can’t get into bowl season this year. Been some truly non-compelling matchups and miserable quality of football all across the board so far. There is just no point to these bowls anymore

NorrisAlan and utvol0427 like this.
  8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If it’s not the playoffs it’s just extra practice or showcases for fence-sitters mulling the portal. But that extra practice is a big deal

But to be honest, I think bowl season was pretty bloated and shitty for a couple of decades before we ran into the current problem.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Some of the lower tier bowl games were legit good games. All the opt outs from the big boys just make these big ones glorified exhibitions.

10SEvols, zehr27, IP and 3 others like this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Arizona bowl was fun

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I thought the broadcast was cringe AF and just a bunch of sad frat boys making us sit through a massive inside joke that only they understand.

InVolNerable likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't have the volume on.

SetVol13, Tar Volon and justingroves like this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm trying to remember what made me cut the volume, and I think they said a player sucked or something and was saying something like the game was boring and I was like "okay, enough of that guy."

Last edited: Dec 31, 2023
  14. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Then I guess you won’t be watching the game. I will…but that’s because I’m interested in what’s next.

15. TDVol1989

Which he did…one way or another

16. TDVol1989

Or was it … realistic?

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah I think he was encouraged to opt out

TDVol1989 likes this.
  18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

nah. Not by Heupel. “We don’t want you to play but want you to travel and be with Nico” isn’t his style.

19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

If the coaches actively told him they’d like him not to play, I think that’s a bad culture move.

If Joe saw that this was Nico’s chance to lead the team in a meaningless exhibition and decided to step aside, and the coaches affirmed his decision, that’s a great culture move and goes along with basically everything we’ve heard about Joe as a locker room guy.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

You are really dumb

The Dooz and utvol0427 like this.