Bowl Game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CitrusCo.Vol, Nov 28, 2023.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm sure it moved towards Iowa. How much?

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Looked like a point when I checked.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So if Nico looks [uck fay]ing amazing and we obliterate Iowa, how are we supposed to feel? Excited about the future? Angry that he sat behind Milton all year? Indifferent because it's a garbage Iowa team? A combo of multiple options?

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Positive about the future.

We don’t get enough years to be pissed off looking in the rear-view mirror.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I’m sure some out there can’t wait in either direction if Nico looks good or bad. Just want Nico to do well. Hope Sampson goes off. See seldon. Watching dbs as much as anything to see if they show some speed and instinct.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

8 to 6.5

7. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

If it’s a bowl game of little consequence the most fun and exciting thing to see is young talent showing out or just flashing a little bit of their potential. Playing against a lot of slow white people is the perfect opportunity.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Just wait until he goes off for six total touchdowns and you find out the whole reason for Nico sitting out was so that Kesling could get the pronunciation right on his last name.

9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I’m prepared to dramatically overreact either way.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

upload_2023-12-27_15-53-20.jpeg

*Taken from the Twitter thread about Joe sitting out, not mine

SetVol13, Tar Volon, tvolsfan and 5 others like this.
  11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Guilty.

NorrisAlan and warhammer like this.
  12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

A wild card in all of this is how seriously Iowa takes this game, too. Their offense has sucked all year and the defense has had to carry the weight in their important games. How much of a shit do they give in a second tier bowl?

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I would assume this is like their Superbowl, but you may be correct. I mean it's Iowa. If you go there expecting anything else, you probably should have complained about the fries at the counter.

justingroves likes this.
  14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

USCjr says it will be our second Super Bowl.

tvolsfan likes this.
  15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I have some Iowa graduate friends. I didn’t get the sense this was their Super Bowl or a seriously big deal to them.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

they are just playing it cool. In their hearts they need this.

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I suspect Michigan was their Super Bowl.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

And it we want to look back and get pissed off, that’s what we have 3 ex-coaches for.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Milton probably figures he’s got one shot to make it to the league and if he got hurt in this game, that shot could be gone.

I assume he’s going to play in the Senior Bowl? Feels like it’s a better place to showcase your skills, under the tutelage of an NFL staff. You know he’s going to wow everyone at Pro Day here so I wonder if he’s deemed this his best route.

He probably also has some info about his draft status that he’s taken into consideration as well.

utvol0427 likes this.
  20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

How do you know? All their fans seem to have shrunk back into their caves to wallow in their feces while hoping they knock off the Vols again some day.

NorrisAlan likes this.