23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hell [uck fay]ing yeah. Fantastic team win.

TennTradition likes this.
  2. Ssmiff

Held them 20 below their avg for the year for 2nd time this year

IP and Poppa T like this.
  3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Them going cold has helped.

That first bucket by DK when he came back in was so money. Next possession was a terrible shot way too early in the shot clock. Shot after that (deep contested ZZ 3 with time on the shot clock) was bad too. But Bama couldn’t score.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Mashack taking minutes from Gainey could be a huge part of us making a run.

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

(probably) finish the season 5-4 in Q1A games. Only Purdue and UConn have six. Marquette (5-4), Houston (5-3), Kansas (5-4), Kentucky (5-2???), and Arizona (4-2) are the only others with at least four wins and > .500 record against Q1A.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

BIG win. BIG. If you had told me we were going 2-0 this week, I'd have said [uck fay] ya then and I say it now too.

VOLinDAWGland, tvolsfan and Ssmiff like this.
  8. Tar Volon

Gainey was actually good in the first half? But yeah Mashack is a better player right now and I don't think it's actually that close.

VOLinDAWGland, IP and A-Smith like this.
  9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Gainey makes me miss Tyreke Key

10. Tar Volon

Win Wednesday, lock up the SECT one seed. Win them both, win the conference outright, make a very good case for NCAAT one seed.

11. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Expect to win, baby.

A-Smith likes this.
  12. Ssmiff

you’ve been waiting to say this all year to repeat the same shit you did last year and look like a doofus for it again

Indy likes this.
  13. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

This one aged well

Indy likes this.
  14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Welp. Moving on the next next must win

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He was good at the beginning of the first half but had completely evened it out by the end of the first half.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Bama is the Houston Oilers from the early 90s. Score points, look sexy, make all the talking heads cream their pants, but can’t hack it against a real team

SetVol13 and IP like this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Having both Gainey and Mashack is a gift. Mashack is more consistent, but Gainey has a spark in him. We haven't seen it much, but it is there. He could go off at some point.

18. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Sears ENTIRE foot was out of bounds on that last drive and layup. CBB refs suck.

IP likes this.
  19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I left at halftime to work out in order to burn off nervous energy. Came back when we were ahead by three. Fantastic win. I had this as a loss in pen and was ok with it. Well, ok until I saw those Gumps and my orange blood boiled.

I so want to believe this team, but I’m afraid. They are doing things which are trying to break me down, though.

Tar Volon, SetVol13 and tvolsfan like this.
  20. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I'd like the guys to win at least the SEC Conference or the SECT. They deserve a banner.

Then make the Final 4. Barnes deserves that.

Anything after that is gravy.

Tar Volon likes this.