The Never-ending College basketball season thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bostonvol, Nov 7, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Purdue was the one match up I least wanted precisely because of the whistle Edey gets/doesn't get.

utvol0427 likes this.
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Didn't watch Seton Hall, but Creighton got them when they went to Creighton 3 days after a top 5 showdown against Marquette. Think Memphis State/Vandy in 07/08 for us.

Could we beat them? Yes. But if both are playing the same level of ball they are just better. I think we were the 3rd or 4th best team in the country this year. I just think UConn is that good.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Is Wade allowed back in the SEC?

4. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

18 in the first quarter

5. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

When you get out rebounded by 22 and their bench outscores you to the tune of 37-0, you’re probably not going to win.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So, um, Cal to Arkansas?

A-Smith likes this.
  7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think Kentucky goes for Oates

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think Oates has the same sort of success at UK as he has had at Bama, and I don't think Bama is likely to hire another Oates... so maybe net gain for the Vols?

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I hope that's right. But might be that if you give Oates a team full of 5 stars then he's pretty scary.

10. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I assume they would kick the tires on Jay Wright. Since he's unlikely to take it, Oats would be the next logical choice. If Oats passes, then it could get real fun.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Looking likely

12. dknash

dknash Chieftain

maybe a Chris Beard end-around

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Cat fans will talk about Danny Hurley, but there's absolutely no reason he'd leave Storrs with NYC recruiting and a mediocre conference to rule. Oats has a big buyout, so he's a maybe, depending on how much they really want him. Beard would make sense and maybe, say, Brad Underwood.

14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Hurley is undoubtedly a great coach, but I'm not sure if he's cut out for the Kentucky job. If he’s threatening to fight fans and going after the local media in Storrs, I'm not sure he could survive in Lexington.

15. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

The Kentucky athletic director, Mitch Barnhart, does have a tight relationship with Scott Drew. I believe Drew just signed an extension when Louisville came after him, or at least agreed to one, but could be an interesting option for Kentucky.

16. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I bet Kenny Payne would clean up there

17. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

He’s notified Kentucky that he’s negotiating with Arkansas. I don’t think it gets this far for nothing to happen.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Already seen one Kentucky fan wish for Tommy Lloyd

19. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Thamel reporting that they are finalizing a five-year deal.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I think it’s time to bring back Billy Clyde and start his redemption arc. They owe it to him after breaking him

NorrisAlan, Unimane and IP like this.