8th Maxim On The Airwaves Tomorrow.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, Oct 3, 2012.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

good question Gator

2. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Ali was my favorite caller of the show ha ha

3. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Classless!

It's a good point. I haven't really followed any of this but see two different things being a concern:

1. Who she is, what she's done, what she means to UT
    2. Her state of mind questioning her credibility

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Hat, you can tell you are a lawyer. You have the gift of gab.

5. hmanvolfan

hmanvolfan Member

Just listened to the show. Never listened to Basilio before but he sounds like the king of stumbling, dead air radio guy. You did a great job, 8th Maxim Keith. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. No really, great job Hat. You should take over his show on a permanent basis.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I thought the same thing. TB Has some good thoughts, he just can't seem to put them together quickly enough and there is a lot of dead air. Not sure if this is the norm, but it was definitely the case for that show.

7. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

A little late to the party on this but nice work hat. As others have said, you should do more shows.

8. CD12

CD12 Member

Late to the party....I forgot my 8th pw and wasn't able to see this thread. I was kind of in a rush when I called in as I was listening in the witness room of the courthouse and as luck would have the they called me in to testify when it was my turn to talk. Great job hat! I do not think this will be your last radio gig!

9. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

It was good to hear from you. The Sawyer-Rich question was a welcome respite from all the Jennings-Summitt-Hart nonsense.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I just now got to listen to the show, and great job Hat.

You need to be looking into the avenues of getting your own show.

11. hatvol96

Thank you for the kind words.

12. CD12

CD12 Member

Wished I would of had time to elaborate more on the Reds and MLB in general. Maybe next time! Did you receive my pm with my new number? I lost my phone a while back and all my contacts. Feel free to contact me if you ever need anything at all.

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Did you check around at all the Dunkin Donuts in the area?

Good seeing you. Stick around more.

14. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

I found cattleman's call today on Basilio fairly entertaining

15. CD12

CD12 Member

I use the drive through!

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

What was said?

17. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Hat I had the chance to catch most of it and enjoyed you being on the show. I hope you get on again in the future. I've done local radio on the side down here in Greeneville since 2000 and it's not as easy at it seems to most from the outside. I don't know how often you've been on but you done a tremendous job IMO. Also an old school rasslin' fan here myself and enjoyed that Sawyer/Rich question. Since you mentioned Ole Anderson wanted to know if you've read his book? I honestly think it's the best wrestling book I've read hands down and it was far more entertaining than I thought it would turn out to be. If you haven't read it and enjoy that type of thing I'd highly recommend it. His story about how he picked out Mike Hegstrand to team with Joe Laurinatis to become the Road Warriors was great. But the whole book gave a good inside look to the business and Ole really makes a lot of sense. Especially when he talks about Jim Herd and how he showed him that they could save a couple of million a year and Herd was mad because he said if Ole showed the board that then Herd would be fired. Just save a couple of hundred thousand this year to make it look like progress.

Sorry for sidetracking the discussion. Look forward to hearing you on once again in the future.

18. hatvol96

Haven't read Ole's book. Will get it. Certainly enjoyed Arn's.

19. lakindofguy

lakindofguy New Member

I listened last Thursday. Nice job.

20. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Ole has been bitter for a long time.