8th Maxim On The Airwaves Tomorrow.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, Oct 3, 2012.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

How do you see the situation with Summitt and Hart playing out? I know you discussed that a bit but I can't remember if you made a prediction about it. Also, do you think there's any chance that uncertainty in the athletic department affects Dooley and the football program?

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I think you have to wait and see what Summitt says going forward. If she says she felt pushed out, Hart has massive problems. If she says she agrees that she misinterpreted their initial meeting on the subject, it'll blow over. Uncertainty at the top won't have any effect on Dooley's fate.

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

What about hiring Dooley's replacement?

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If I had to bet, Summit says it was a misinterpretation.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

How much credence can be given to someone with Alzheimer's? I have had a couple of relatives with this horrible disease and paranoia is part of the package.

6. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I just listened to the broadcast in it's entirety and Hat you did a fantastic job man. I could definitely see them having you back on.

Lex, I liked your field goal comment too. Nice 8th plug.

7. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

She bleeds orange

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Listening now. Nice work. I think my perception of "hatvol96" just got altered. Somehow, I was expecting some merciless ridiculing of guests.

9. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

Excellent analysis on the Pat issue..... I think its just an unfortunate event ..........but it could have been handled a little better. My Grandmother suffered with ALZ and it was so hard to watch her just drift away! But Pat should have pushed Holly into the top postion so there would be a seamless transition. Your already on staff you've been in the living rooms with Pat... She has a ring from working with Pat correct? Then keep the job going and slowly make your adjustments ....... have your contract ammended in case you just screw the pooch and so you can bow out gracefully. Then the AD can go out and get someone that will put fix the ship!

10. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I just hope she does it soon, so people can let this die.

11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Im gonna do some digging and see if I can get ahold of some of her kin and see what they think about it. I normally run across one of her siblings when bball gets started.

To Hat. I was kinda wondering what to expect out of that, but you handled the hole scene very well. Better than most I hear.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

8thMaxim got some heavy pub.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

What does Croanin think about all this?

She has been quiet, and as best as I can tell has not said one word.

14. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

I hope someone she trusts is counseling Pat through this. Jennings is playing her for personal gain for some quick cash. My mother-in-law had that wicked disease (dementia), just was not early onset. Early onset typically leads to acute symptoms and a quicker end than the normal 10 year slide. Pat will get the best of care, but that will not change the fading memory, mood swings, and how easy it is to influence the person's responses one way or another.

IMO this will blow over and should be drug out quietly over several years. Let Jennings twist in the wind so that Burkhalter gets tire of messing with it. Pat's deposition was obtained and included since she may not have enough mind to give testimony later on. UT's counsel will be all over this issue. The longer they wait to depose Pat the better.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i think we need to get Hat on late-night satellite radio and see what happens then.

EDIT: just turned on the show...sending a message with the Cult of Personality bumper music?

EDIT 2: that was a classic, if that's the word, Cattleman call.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  16. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Unless deposed, I doubt she will ever speak publicly on this issue.

I think it is important to note that a lot of the current holdovers either got their start or were brought in from the Lady Vols AD. Three of them are women. Also, although a man was brought in to take Women's Basketball over specifically from Jennings, I think it is important to point out that a lot of the folks in that department had their sports reassigned and the new hire that was made was a female.

Judging by what is going on right now, I really feel like Hart needed to rid himself of Jennings to ensure that she did not become a internal cancer. I imagine he assumed she would be upset initially and then it would blow never rather than expecting her to collect the severance and pension and then go to the links she is going to blow things up.

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I echo this. I am outside of the Knoxville market, but I would listen to ever show via streaming.

18. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Hate I missed the party. Sounded fun. Was with customers all day. Taking them to old city now.

19. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

CoP was an homage to CM Punk and Paul Heyman.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I listened to the podcast ; my 2 favorite moments were the guy saying that Hart is “racist against women” and the guy who called in to complain about the topic.

- Caller: It is football season and you guys are talking about this?

- Host: What do you want to talk about?

- Caller: Err, I don’t know.

Axion seemed subdued. I am surprised he did the “I’ll hang up and listen” rather than having a conversation. He sounds like he is doing good and I sincerely hope that is the case.

Keith... you are a natural. There is a career in radio for you if you ever get tired of Law.