EJ Levenberry LB Virginia

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Jewbaccah, Jan 11, 2013.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Amen

2. sr1080

sr1080 New Member

What's next? Droolie being successful with the boys. (Barfs a little)

3. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

did he not watch Sal's awesome coaching ability last year? I just don't understand.

4. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Sounded like this guy was begging UT to give him a reason to commit, similar to Bell. At this point, I'd say we don't get him either.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Those with the willpower to tune out of UT football -- ie JayVols-- are the lucky ones.

7. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

How can you "lose" a linebacker that never decommitted from the school he ended up choosing and the coach that recruited him to FSU in the first place is still there? Let's call this for what it is -- Dad wanted EJ to look around and he really had no interest in doing so in the first place.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm sure EJ was dead set on staying around near his favorite coach, Sal Sunseri.

9. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

No bro, this kid was a VFL.

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Break it down for me then.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I just did. Throw in the fact that he has always been high on UT, and you have a loss. You're welcome.

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

He liked Tennessee to begin with and hated Sal. That shout have been a gimmie.

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Come on lyls. We've always got along.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

no gimmes with a staff like we just hired.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I've got no problem with you and doubt I ever will. Don't mistake this for anything other than a disagreement. This should have been an easy haul. Seemed like the only reason EJ wasn't committed to UT was because of Sal, and he is now out of the picture. Instead of committing to UT, he is now going to play for Sal.

16. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Guys - he already said he like the weather, school, and the staff. He committed for good reasons initially. As much as nobody on here wanted Jimbo - he is a better, more proven coach than Jones. He lost a number of assistants, but he is still the guy at FSU. The recruits know it. Some guys don't care about what conference they play in.

It may be hard for most Vol fans to believe, but there are better schools and areas to be than Knoxville if you are not from east TN. Shocking I know.

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We're also paying coaches a lot of money to convince recruits there's no better place to be than Knoxville. I give them a pass this year, but we had better be winning these battles next year.

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I don't ever try to make sense of recruiting, but I'll say this: If I hated Sal Sunseri as much as everyone is letting on, the moment he was hired I'm decommitting. But he didn't. He had what, 20 committable offers at least? You make that decision that day. Which means for all the Sal BS, he still liked FSU for whatever reason. I'm not making excuses for the coaches; they're paid to do a job. It's just a weird situation that doesn't make sense to me.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

the bottom line is that a player that has offers at big time programs is taking a flyer on this staff. Why would someone with fantastic options do that?

20. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Ask Dave Hart?