EJ Levenberry LB Virginia

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Jewbaccah, Jan 11, 2013.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

ask him what? He didn't have fantastic options, once he made his bed.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'll give this staff a pass on this recruiting cycle. That said, I see little reason to expect them to do much better with more time.

3. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

I agree. They are paying Jones the #13 HC comp package and the staff a top 20 comp package. Which is insane in my book. The man has accomplished very little on his own as a HC. He has tweaked two already successful programs after his mentor left. Now he has come to a mess - all time low in UT history with a divided fan base. He hasn't proved he can do it on his own. How can we or more importantly, the recruits know that he can at the very top conference in college football? They may pay lip service to it, but when it comes down to it if they were not already sold on the school or orange blooded they are likely to go elsewhere given good options. Green, Lawson, Ford, 11berry were at the gate and refused to walk in. That's the evidence. There have been more - those are just the most recent ones. North was already in - just needed reassurance. Bell grew up orange, so if he comes it makes sense. Maybe a few others come through. But if this thing is going to work Jones has to win when he has the upper hand as lyls said.

All of you are right in your observations IMO - which is the paradox of the situation.

4. dknash

dknash Chieftain

That's true.

Hart went unproven in a situation that isn't accommodating for unproven, IMO. To what degree his own arrogance or incompetence led him down that road, well, it's still down to him.

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

If we strike out tomorrow with no back up plan and undersign again, Dave Hart should be beheaded in the center of campus for bringing in more clueless oafs and giving them contracts.

6. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Our facilities and history of getting ppl into the League should overcome a lot of question marks recruits can have. I give no passes to anyone recruiting to Tennessee against the likes of Pitt and other out of state non-SEC schools.

7. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Already overdue in my opinion. That man is a pompous imbecile and I cannot wait until his ass is ejected from UT.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'm all for this point of view, but I'm shocked by the expectations.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Agree with Huffman. Even Doofus was able to pull together a very good class before recruits knew how scummy of a character/coach he was.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

new hires tend to make splashes in recruiting, unless they are very disappointing or unknowns or both.

11. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

What expectations?

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

And Dooley had a month less to work with.

13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

He also had a good class to work with. But he did flip Stone.

14. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

The sad truth of the current situation dictates one should expect the worst, and be pleasantly surprised with any random positives. Doesn't make a person negative, simply a realist. I know folks want to get excited about NSD, etc., but that's not where UT is at this time and perhaps for the foreseeable future.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Dooley had 7 guys enrolled in classes already.

16. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Below average staff, on the verge of signing a below average recruiting class. Nothing surprising here.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Did he have advantage over Butch? Sure. But let's not lose sight of who we are talking about here: Derek "Year Zero" Dooley.

18. chavisut

One took over a top 5 class, the other was sitting outside the top 40.

19. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Weren't we actually in the top 25? Then recruits decommitted in bunches after the transition to land us in the 40s.

20. chavisut

I don't believe so. I wanna say the two JUCOs had already decommitted and I can't really think of anyone else. You could be right.