Official Grizzlies Bandwagon Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, May 4, 2013.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Conley, Gasol, the coach that developed them, the gm that brought them in, and a defensive stopper. 40% of that is about to be gone.

2. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

I'll give Lionel credit for Conley but he didn't develop Marc. Marc found his development in Spain. Wallace is a big loss too.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It's official, these guys are on my shit list as of now.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

After reading some comments, Levien can **** off for all I care.

5. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

From what I've read there is more joy that Hollins is gone, I personally don't get it. I guess it's delusions of grandeur. It's not like Memphis has a huge window to be a title contending team.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The Grizzlies obviously had a puncher's chance with Lionel. So much for that, now, since he wouldn't give up control to these ****ers. Now we've got a former ESPN statistics shithead deciding on personnel. Fantastic.

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

He's a Grade A [Penis].

8. hatvol96

The Grizzlies will be playing in Seattle or Las Vegas by 2020.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yes

Wouldn't surprise me with Pera.

10. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

What personnel decisions that have been made make you question management? Just curious.

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Why do you say that?

12. hatvol96

Pera and Levien are going to crater the franchise, then use the fact people aren't coming to watch awful basketball as an excuse to get to a market they like better.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

For starters, getting rid of one of the best possible coaches the grizzlies could hope to have.

14. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Hollins has refused to even attempt to improve the relationship with ownership. Levien asked him to go to Florida after the season on a week long golfing trip to perhaps build a relationship. Hollins refused. Hollins told them on more than one occasion to stay out of his way when it came personnel decisions.

What other job can you have where you refuse to engage in a working relationship with your employer and then refuse to listen to their recommendations and keep your job?

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The Levien story sounds like bs. I don't see him trying something like that.

And Hollins comments to the media make it seem like he was willing to try.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Management also refused to give Lionel the leeway he wanted.

17. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

What leeway? Besides, they're the boss. They don't have to give you shit. If you don't like it then take your ball and go home. Neither side wanted to compromise and make it work so they parted ways. It's that simple. Was it a good decision? I don't know. I'm sort of indifferent at this point. However, to be shocked or mad is just petty.

18. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

The Levien story has been reported by just about everyone in the mid south media. If it wasn't true I'm sure it would have been squashed by now.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It's not petty. I'm fine if this ownership group wants a yes man instead of someone who had proven he can grow the team. I just don't have to watch the shit.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Link?