BCS Rankings and Scenarios

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Dec 2, 2013.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I agree, it's pretty close. Nowhere near close enough for Indy calling people idiots because they don't think Bama got screwed like he does, when he is clearly wrong when you look at his video and the photographic evidence.

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Oh yeah, and the line that Indy neglected to highlight is the one that says

None of the Auburn linemen are past the 3-yard zone in a screen shot that has been circulated online among Alabama fans.

Not that that is an important point or anything.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Y'all are all idiots IMO

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Want some hot sauce, bro?

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

That was a joke by the way, JQK is definitely not an Indy

6. JohnnyQuickkick

I have slain the deadliest hot sauce, and fear none.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

H-Backs are ineligible receivers, cockstain

8. JohnnyQuickkick

If it's any of ours, I could actually say this should be true

9. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Does 3 yards past the neutral zone start from the line of scrimmage or the end of the neutral zone?

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I would imagine the end of the neutral zone, or they would say it the other way. Ask Indy, he is the expert

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Jesus Christ. I haven't linked posted any pictures because my iPad has never let me post pictures on here. My argument has nothing to do with whether Marshall was over the line of scrimmage or not. It has to do with the release point in relation to how far linemen were downfield when it happened.

Half the people who have been arguing with me didn't understand I wasn't arguing that Marshall crossed the LoS with his throw.

I. Said. In. My. Post. That. I. Disagreed. With. The. Last. Statement.

Where is the center in that screenshot?

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

At what point did I point that specific guy out as being illegally downfield?

13. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Damn Romulans!

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Why don't you define "neutral zone" for us big guy.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't feel like waiting, so I will do it for you.

neu·tral zone
    noun
    noun: neutral zone; plural noun: neutral zones
    the central area of a hockey rink, lying between the two blue lines.
    FOOTBALL
    (before the start of a play) the imaginary zone running sideline to sideline from the front to the back point of the football.

Hard to see how referees are expected to judge if the ball has passed something that doesn't exist once the ball is snapped, let alone whether or not ineligible men are 3 yards past it. The rule is the line of scrimmage, not the ****ing neutral zone.

16. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

The rule you posted this morning mentioned the neutral zone not the los. You even bolded that part of the post.

17. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Winston not going to be charged.

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

So since the video you offered up as "proof" that the play was illegal actually shows no such thing, the reach is that a player that we can't even see must have been the one too far down field? Since you are absolutely certain that the center must have now been the offending party (since none of the other linemen were), please present your evidence so we can see how you've come to such a conclusion.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And I invite anyone to find this "rule 7 article 10" for us. I'm looking for it but struggling to find it. Here's what I wanna know:

1. Do the linemen really have to be 3 yards past the LoS for it to be a penalty, or do they just have to be past the LoS in general.
    2. Do they have to have their entire bodies past the 3 yard mark? A majority of their bodies? A part of their bodies? Do you guys know of any rule in sports where a line is involved and just crossing it at all with any part of the body isn't enough? The left guard definitely has at least part of his body past that 3 yard mark past the LoS.

And your precious screenshots still don't show the center, who is continuing up field as he leaves the screen.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I highlighted that part to point out the three yards. I can't help that the guy is an idiot. He also says that it's about when the ball is released, but now I'm reading it's anytime "before or during" the release. If we can find the rule, we will no for sure. Rule 7, article 10.

The center only becomes my "evidence" if the rule states that the entire body must be past that 3 yard mark. If it's just any part of the body, the Left Guard suffices.