BCS Rankings and Scenarios

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Dec 2, 2013.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

1. FSU* -- .9948
    2. tOSU -- .9503
    3. Aubie -- .9233
    4. Bama -- .8539
    5. Mizzou - .8428

No other team has a realistic chance.

I'll let y'all fire up all the scenarios that allow Bama to weasel their way in. I'll just say that I think the biggest question if whether Auburn will leapfrog tOSU if they beat Mizzou. And should they?

2. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

It's gonna be close. I think they come up just short but IMO they should jump em.

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I think they absolutely should jump OSU but don't believe they will. I don't know the intricate details of the Winston case, but it would be the most absurd situation of all time to have OSU play an FSU team that is without Winston because of a rape charge.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

In terms of the best two teams playing, OSU should get jumped. In terms of an equitable system for all of college football, they should not.

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I think Auburn is too far back to jump OSU minus a loss. If they were closer they'd have a shot. Only way Bama gets in is with a FSU and OSU loss.

6. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I'm not an SEC apologist so, no, tOSU should play for the title if they go undefeated. Hell, they've won 24 straight games ... they should get a shot. And I hate OSU and Meyer down to my bones but a loss on your schedule has to have some implication. The big 10 is down but that's not OSU's fault. There's an argument either way but I don't know how you justify leaving an undefeated team from one of the five power conferences out of the game when every one else has a loss.

PS - AU isn't assured of beating Mizzou ... the line is 1.5 so a pick em game. I would love to see them beat Auburn and knock the SEC out of any contention.

7. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I believe Auburn comes up short. The other really close scenario will be if OSU loses and Mizzou beats Auburn. There will be a strong push to put Alabama in the game. Mizzou absolutely should be in the game over Alabama. But it would be very, very close. With a win over Auburn, Mizzou would have a stronger resume than Bama.

8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

OSU vs FSU. FSU rolls.

Which is sad, because I wanted to see FSU Bama.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You'll probably see fans of both Auburn and Bama claim national championships. That might be official enough for the Bama AD.

10. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

the bcs is not auburns friend. imo, the bcs and national media would prefer to go out with a championship game that didn't include the sec. jmo.

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

And that's why very few people will watch it.

Auburn not leapfrogging OSU is a travesty.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Bama is out no matter what, unless both FSU and OSU lose (which I would love to see Duke win an ACC Championship). Bama does not have the benefit of another game, where if Mizzou wins, they will get those bonus points for beating Auburn (no?). That should leap them over a Bama that they are already very close behind.

And bama does not deserve the championship game in front of a 12-1 SEC champ Mizzou. That would be stupid as hell.

13. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

No chance in hell that Bama gets in over Mizzou if they win the SEC championship. Bama's only prayer is another SEC v SEC bcs title game, and that's not happening.

14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

No doubt. If the Sec is getting a team into the title game, it'll be the conference champ. No way they send the SEC champ off to a meaningless bowl game in order to give the SEC 2nd runner up a shot at the national championship.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

allowing that sorry OSU team into the title game is nothing but an indictment of the BCS system.

16. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

The title game will draw just as many viewers as it always has. FSU/OSU in the title game and no one watches? C'mon man.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The rest of the country will tune in just to see a non-SEC champ.

That said, I think Mich St beats OSU this weekend.

18. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I think Sparty beats them as well. But, regardless of who is in the title game, I'll be tuned in.

19. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Sparty does not have enough offense to get the 17 to 20 points needed to win.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I keep seeing this about MSU beating OSU. What makes people believe that? MSU sucks too.