The "Mercer's Coach is Crazy" Game Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Swiftpacegal

Swiftpacegal Member

Who would have thought we would make it to the sweet sixteen, glad I get to see em play another game.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Excited for them and Cuonzo. Good on em.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Nah

4. tripper

tripper Member

Yea. I screwed that one up. Running off the old system.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Damn I wish homie could coach.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Like Mercer. They busted it.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Still leaves a lot to be desired, but there were spells today where it felt like coaching was happening

8. tripper

tripper Member

Are you changing your opinion of Counzo during this run at all? Serious question.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

**** those pansies

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Tactically, strategically or prep? Don't see it, but motivation is improved and we're trying to play inside out more. Still isn't making McRae do anything.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Not really, but you can't argue with winning in the dance. It's been a fortunate route and Richardson with Stokes have made it happen. He's the beneficiary and I'm glad for him. No malice here. I like him and want success for him and the Vols.

12. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

Coach em up cuonzo!!!

13. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

**** that stupid frat house dance

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think anybody is sorry to see Martin have success. Doesn't necessarily change anything concerning his X's and O's, substituting, etc. But he is a guy I want to succeed either here or elsewhere.

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I thought they looked well prepped for the most part. Came out hot on offense, but it took some good contested shooting to keep Mercer in early because they didn't looked surprised by anything they were seeing. Strategy looked rough for most of the game but was masked by great performances by Stokes and Richardson, playing Reese is ****ing awful though. Thought there were some good offensive sets run early that helped get Richardson and McRae some good chances, trailed off after the first 12 or so minutes though. More than I generally see

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

The last two games may be the most complete back to back games we've ever played in the tourney.

17. volsforever27

volsforever27 Member

I still can't figure out Reese getting that much playing time.

18. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Martin isn't an idiot, he has to realize that he's been in over his head the past 3 seasons.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

His staff would be different if so.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Inexplicable.