Who will be the next OC?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Oldvol75, Jan 22, 2015.

1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Hat is harsh but correct. The ONLY x-factor is if there is more than 1 move. The PR from this class makes coaching changes an after thought...for the sheep.

2. TDVol1989

****, Butch is always coaching for next year. He doesn't give a black pickle about the current season. He coached '13 and '14 like winning later was the goal. No one can convince me otherwise. We will see if he coaches '15 like Donnie 'Oh black pickle' Tyndall has.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Seems the most logical explanation right now

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

is black pickle some sort of auto-change for our favorite four letter word now?

5. TDVol1989

I full on subbed it myself!!!

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Yes, he knows it, and from every conceivable direction.

He lucked out with Bajakian firing himself - and he's going to hire a guy that UTC wasn't interested in hiring, because they are old cronies.

Period.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

And I don't live in a world where my only options in an OC are "not awful" and "might work".

Butch had a legit chance to vastly improve his staff, and OUR team, and he chose personal preference, comfort and cronyism, instead.

If you have a chance to get better, and don't - you've gotten worse. The guy wasn't worth a shit 8 years ago (hence he was ran out of Michigan on a rail), the last time he was calling games as OC. I don't see where now, being eight years removed, has helped him in any way.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

no question.

Expect more of the same. Solid recruiting and sales with really poor coaching.

I said it when this group came and I say it now having watched them for two years. We have probably the worst staff in the SEC. Vandy has taken a step backward, so we might have moved up one. The other close call was UF, but they rectified that. They also took a worse team than we had last year and beat us with it.

9. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Wish it not true but afraid it's blatantly obvious

10. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

2000-2003 says he's not

11. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

This.

And observing the process and hiring decisions of our division and conference foes only serves to intensify my angst and disgust

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Michigan just announced that DeBord resigned.

Football scoop says he's our next OC.

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop

We gotta trust Butch. He's our guardian or some such.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

These guys tend to be accurate:

FootballScoop Staff ‏@FootballScoop · 3m3 minutes ago
    We expect Zach Azzanni to also receive a bump in title, role & pay. Would think Butch will announce all of this tomorrow

FootballScoop Staff ‏@FootballScoop · 4m4 minutes ago
    Butch is very comfortable bringing DeBord on to staff. Very familiar with each other. Mike will have OC title; but it’s Butch’s offense

FootballScoop Staff ‏@FootballScoop · 7m7 minutes ago
    Possibly the worst kept secret in the profession; but can confirm that Mike DeBord will be new OC at Tennessee http://FootballScoop.com/the-scoop

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

beat me to it

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

So, he scooped your scoop of that guy's scoop?

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

time zone delay made the difference.

18. rockytopblues

rockytopblues Member

Done. Just effing done if this really does play out. Calling it quits until Jones is gone. Just can't put myself through this crap anymore. I care too much about it, and that's why it hurts. Could've made an improvement, and instead went with this. Screw you, Butch and your BSIA. We will never win the East or the SEC with this used car salesman as our HC. Period.

19. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

So, again, who the hell will be coaching QBs?

20. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Cannot disclose, but think about what you cannot do on VN.