The Ice Hockey Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Joseph Brant, Feb 16, 2014.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

True.

So you were there. I don't know how much you have watched Mike Fisher over the years, but am I crazy in thinking he is playing better at age 34 than he ever has in his career, in pretty much every facet of the game?

2. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Don Cherry makes HNIC must see TV, the grumpy old bastard.

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

His rants on everything are gold.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He's got literally nothing to worry about at this point in his career. He can just play. There's no money issues or family issues or any of that stuff. If his career ended tomorrow he's set. Not a lot of guys have that security. The game comes easy once that's secure.

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I never thought about it that way. Really, all he has left to play for is a Cup. I would be balls out in that position too

6. Joseph Brant

Really don't understand the idea of trading Zuccarello, more so I don't get prioritizing re signing 40 year old St Louis over 27 year old Zuccarello when one is well on the way to being shot, and the on ice ability is a wash.

7. Joseph Brant

I hate Glen Sather.

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

He's going for it, as a non Rangers fan I respect that. If I were you though, geez that's a pretty high price

9. Joseph Brant

I don't feel that he overpaid for Yandle himself, but the Rangers issues are down the middle. It's like taking the money you put aside for a new car and buying a boat instead.

I also get shivers every time a high pick or pedigreed prospect heads out of town, with the cap now you really need to grow your own depth lines, and we've been selling for a while now, eventually it'll backfire

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Look like we got Eric Cole.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

And Zidlicky.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I feel like there are too many games in a season.

13. Joseph Brant

What is this 2007?

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

They were looking for a very specific skill set.

15. Joseph Brant

Conference Final preview tonight

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

So my Canes just sent out season ticket renewals, and they increased prices 10-20% despite being 27th in the league right now and finishing up the worst four-year stretch since moving to North Carolina (and I've been a STH for all four of those years). I swear they aren't going to have any season ticket holders left next year if they keep putting out a crap product and raising prices for it. Guess it should be familiar after Tennessee though

18. Joseph Brant

Hell of a game, Jimmy was locked in.

19. Joseph Brant

Peter Karmanos used that same business model 20 years ago....

20. Joseph Brant

I realize the reasoning for the host country getting an automatic bid in the Olympic tournament, but South Korea? They'll be throttled even if nobody sends professionals.

In fact, if the field was doubled to 24, theyd barely make it in, edging out Poland.