Romney anticipating an attack on 1980's photo if in general election

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 3, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I love it when we drag up 32 year old photos to say why or why not someone should be elected to office.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Neither side is above these tactics. They are all members of the same slimey club.

4. CardinalVol

Oh, I know.

I just wish at the outset of someone running from office, he'd hold a presser and say "Here's what I did when I was young...." and just put it out there and leave the other side baffled as how to go after him.

I've often said there are times I want to run for office because there are a few nights from college that are kind of hazy and I'd like to remember the story of what happened.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

This may actually backfire. I think (most) voters are past blaming Wall Street. They may see someone who actually worked a job and made money for investors.

6. CardinalVol

One would think this. But, I've given up trying to understand the average voter.

7. CardinalVol

One would think this. But, I've given up trying to understand the average voter.

8. JayVols

You would think they would learn. It really makes you ponder the question, Is there any limit to the level of hubris these guys possess?

I would really like to know just what the hell Herman Cain was thinking. Was he so drunk on his own power that he actually thought he could keep those women quiet?

Or did he think that he wouldn't get that far and it would be a nonissue? Was his campaign a glorified book selling tour that grew out of control?

Or is he really just stupid?

9. CardinalVol

Yup. Even have a "submit what I did" email form. Just admit you did stupid stuff and move on.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's amazing that a picture that shows someone celebrating a business success could be considered a potential problem.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think a full on confession of even the most mundane trespasses against their fellow man would be very, very refreshing. We're all human.

12. CardinalVol

I think it goes back to one of (or some mixture of) 3 things.

1. Stupidity
    2. Inflated ego
    3. Embarrassment of what happened

13. JayVols

Solid points. I never considered the embarassment factor.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  14. CardinalVol

I hadn't either until recently and started thinking about some of the crap I'd never want out from college. Don't know how much I would willingly expose even knowing if it did come out it would hurt. I'd just hope it never would.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I may owe child support

16. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Id rather keep Obama than have Romney.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why is that?

18. OrangeEmpire

At least I would know for a fact that the GOP would control congress....which equals bickering and grandstanding which equals less freedom is taken away from us.

Also, Congress can defund obamacare.........

Romeny gets in office......democrats will probably control congress and Romney will go along with any thing they will want.

I prefer gridlock in govt.........

19. OrangeEmpire

Same crap as last time, two democrats running for office. No real difference between the two of them.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i don't see it. romney certainly is too liberal, but he knows where his bread is buttered. he's no dummy.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012