Time to Play Dormady

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Low Country Vol, Sep 26, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The backfield empties to 5 wide.

What's the call?

2. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

So it's Dobbs holding our offense back?

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Dobbs broke a hell of a lot of those tackles. He was a warrior. Our passing game is moronic.

4. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Draw. Failed. I blame Dobbs. A better QB would have checked out of the bad call, oh wait, the QB doesn't have that freedom in our offense.

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

The fact you had to point that out to him is truly sad.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I doubt anything like that has occurred to The Caretaker, no.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He's one of the problems. Butch ****ing sucks, but when he finally dialed up a downfield play and got a guy wide open, Dobbs shit the bed.

Hurd breaks tackles. A lot of the Dobbs plays were more on the defense tackling poorly than Dobbs "breaking" their tackles.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Dude. He doesn't punish people like Hurd does, but shifts away from tacklers. It wasn't just UF's defense shitting the bed.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I completely disagree. For example, go back and watch the run up the right sideline in our third to last drive (I think) that also had a block in the back penalty. The defender is literally right there to make the play and just doesn't. Yeah, Dobbs deserves some credit, but I think much more of the blame lies on the UF defenders, for most of those plays.

And in the end, I don't give a shit how much his running helps. We have two more than capable running backs who can get that done, and they would be even more effective if we had a QB who was worth a shit and a coaching staff that threw the ball down field from time to time.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

There's a UF safety still walking the field looking for his jock he lost on a Dobbs spin move. Just sayin'.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There were multiple plays where he was dead to rights behind the line and escaped defenders to get some positive yardage.

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

The TD pass (that was called back) off of the busted screen was special.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

There have been many times where we have had opposing QBs dead to rights in the backfield this season, just for them to escape and make plays. Would you attribute most of those situations to the QB making a play or to the defense not finishing? It's the same thing.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Changing quarterbacks will change nothing. The scheme is shit on offense. The game management is shit. The problem is on the sidelines.

He's about to crack, judging from the sore he's scratched into his nose. Anyone notice that?

15. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Just wait till they get Marquez North back from his knee injury.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Dobbs does it against everyone. I haven't watched OU enough to know if Mayfield does that routinely.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Pics?

18. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Or helping search for Marquez North

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Give me a QB with less escapablity that can throw downfield with accuracy any day of the week.

I'm not saying bench Dobbs, nor am I saying that Dormady is the answer. I'm just saying that if we can't throw on shitty OU and UF teams, we won't be able to throw on anyone that matters. And better teams will shut the run down. Dormady needs some snaps.

20. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Removed his new nose ring during the game.