Time to Play Dormady

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Low Country Vol, Sep 26, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Also add in Butch is a moron.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yes.

I definitely think he can still make an impact on this team with someone else starting at QB. He's got the tools and athleticism.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

What about not going for it on 4th and a foot against OK or going for one instead of two tonight is logical? This is butch's offense. Why does any of this have to be logical?

4. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Dobbs is a better fit for our excuse for an offensive scheme. There is a ceiling on how effective the throw game can ever be while being overseen by guys who call it the throw game. Dormady isn't breaking through that ceiling and would just handicap Hurd even more.

5. dknash

dknash Chieftain

[​IMG]

6. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Dormady will be murdered against decent defensive lines. That will also neuter Jalen Hurd. Malzahn got his guys to within a play of a national championship with a converted safety at QB. You don't have to have John Elway. You have to be able to adapt. We've seen from the Worley and Peterman runs at QB that these guys cannot.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Exactly this.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

We are talking about an Offensive Coordinator who coached Tom Brady to the 6th round of the NFL draft. The next guy would do worse. Much worse without the ability to run. I think Dormady actually will get a chance, because there is no way Dobbs lasts through October taking this kind of pounding. His days are numbered. But I think when he does, this offense, what there is of it, completely collapses.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I think you guys are nuts for thinking Dormady will just automatically get destroyed. You can't blitz your ass off against a QB who knows how to make you pay for it. You can't play press man all game against a QB who can drop it in on a dime on the fade. The defense will be forced to adjust if a competent passer shows up behind center.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

DeBord actually commented that he was learning and scheming about how to deal with a blitz. It's an exotic concept to him.

12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Can he run block?

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Run block? Let's not get greedy. I'd take any kind of blocking at this point.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'd think being good at your sport would be part of that shining example.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Being smart and reading defenses aren't necessarily related.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

****, the kid had 3 fumbles as well. Lost one (that led to points, IIRC), could have very easily lost another (if it had gone one yard further to go out of the endzone), and one that ran a shitload of time off the clock on the final drive.

And it's not like he's ever been known for taking care of the ball.

17. Dobbs will be Butch Jones scape goat before the season ends. He will pull Dobbs to try and calm the fans, and Dormady will get his chance. Honestly, this is a lot more about the scheme we are running than it is the QB. Hopefully Dormady is more mobile than Worley was because we saw what happened when we had a statue who just stood back there and winged it, and our offensive line looks just as bad now as it did then.

18. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Our scheme could make John Elway look like Matt Sims.

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Scheme? Optimist.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

You don't think he's good at football? He only led the team in passing, receiving, and rushing.