Obama to have corporations pay taxes on foreign earnings

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by droski, Feb 22, 2012.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The plan would require U.S. companies operating overseas to pay—for the first time—a minimum tax rate on their foreign earnings.

Obama Proposes Tax Revamp - WSJ.com

Great way to ensure american companies leave the US completely.

He also is proposing manufacturing have lower taxes than other business particurally oil and gas because we all know keeping $15 an hour jobs is far more important than $100K+ a year jobs.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Need to make sure they are paying their fair share so I can keep paying no taxes.

3. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

Those are, indeed, most of the people who voted for him.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Im waiting to see what deductions he proposes to cut.

Once again, how timmy made it this far up the ladder amazes me.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Saw a funny segment last night where a guy went out in LA and asked folks who they were voting for and why. Some answered Romney, Santorum, and Obama, but none had a good answer as to why. The best was a guy saying Obama should be reelected because he reduced the deficit. Another guy said he'd never heard of Santorum or Romney, so why should anyone vote for either of them?

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The manufacturing jobs are getting a pass because that's where his union buddies work.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I question the long-term strategy of attracting/holding manufacturing jobs in the US. I just don't see the point or the end-game to that. It's swimming against the current economically.

8. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

Someone correct me if I'm wrong: there are so many tech/engineering jobs, the U.S. can't fill them with Americans. I've heard that numerous places. Connected to H1B visa talk.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've heard that, but I have also heard if we would quit importing so many workers to fill them, the salary for those positions would increase to a point of attracting more US workers to go into that field.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

they aren't exactly low paying jobs, so i'm not sure i buy that.

11. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

What are the main jobs in the tech/eng. fields we're talking about here?