Prediction Time

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Would love to see them lose to UK but beat Georgia and still win the East at 9-3 or so. Don't see them making a move without four losses

2. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

No way he gets fired next week (even tho I agree they are going to murder us) I'm saying after Kentucky.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I think today was the tipping point, where firing him is the default and only a miraculous - and completely unforeseen - finish will save him.

4. Tar Volon

I hope you're right. I'm afraid that it's only going to take one instance of Smart Richting it up to get people back on his side

5. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Hope

6. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I love the idea of an interim after Georgia assuming we lose.

However, it also terrifies me that they will hire the interim full time after the season, especially if it's Hoke.

7. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Well Sumlin survived to fight another day. Hopefully Choppers will too.

If we get thumped next week and Butch coaches the next game, Gahlee is on track. I just don't think he will.

8. TDVol1989

It really depends on how bad it is. If GA has 30k fans and it's more than a 3 score loss, with UT fans leaving and the media goes on attack...I think the bye week helps. But, it really comes down to how anxious Currie is to make a name for himself.

9. TDVol1989

It was pathetic. Butch assisted them scoring with a penalty. We didn't come out in the 2nd half and close the deal. He played JG in a critical stretch. Hardly seems the right time. Fans left. This was an FCS team and we couldn't win the LOS. This was the kind of game where you are forced to decide. Butch has topped out and it ain't getting better. So accept mediocrity or move on.

10. Tar Volon

I am suddenly very nervous about Florida beating us to the coaching market

11. TDVol1989

The Gators need to save hee haws job. Now! Chip Kelly's to FL is the end game

12. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I'm honestly worried that several teams will.

13. Tar Volon

Kelly to Florida would make me want to just quit with football

14. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I don't see Florida mucking up this next hire. And it is coming.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If they hire Kelly and we hire some clown, I will quit.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

See, people say that and Muschamp survived a 4-8 season with a loss to Georgia Southern

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Then he'll lose to Muschamp and Alabama and get fired.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's standard. Agents milk ads for three years remaining due to recruiting

19. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

That's fair. I wonder if it being year 3/bigger financial hit played into it, but the point stands. And they followed him up with another poor hire. Maybe he does get another year minus total catastrophe. I hope so because I'd be shocked at 3 consecutive bad hires.

20. Tar Volon

Coming off a 10-2 Sugar Bowl season