A sad moment in Tennessee history

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by justingroves, Mar 15, 2012.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Was a great meeting place.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wow. There goes a landmark. Will there be another money wall?

4. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Sad. They are getting ready to tear that area all to hell.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Not to break up the sentimentality party but that area could use a face lift. I know, I know... I'm a negavol.

(I do have a fond memory of parking my car to grab cash in the bus lane and the shuttle driver completely losing it).

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, indeed it did.

7. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

In some order, they're going to be tearing down that garage (that starts this weekend), building a new garage where the big open lot (in front of neyland) is, and building a new UC (I think it will be SU - student union - they have to change everything over there) ... I think the new UC is supposed to be done by '16 ..

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I feel funny about the way they're doing the UC. I didn't think it really needed replacing just yet...

9. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I really really like the current UC. It had a great feel to it, and the bowling below was sweet. I worked as a project engineer on the new "student union" at MTSU, and that thing is going to be an outstanding facility. Same GC will be doing UT's. I have seen some very early preliminary drawings and it looked nice, and from what I saw they will be staying with the university look (red brick, limestone bands, columns, etc.). I don't imagine that Tennessee will be outdone by MTSU.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

All in the name of progress.